We will miss you Jack!
On Saturday, March 26th - I started my day with some heartbreaking news.
My mom and I were supposed to go to a consignment sales about 10 minutes from the house. It was 8:15am and I was about to leave the house to pick her up. I called and she was in hysterics. I couldn't even understand what she was saying. All I heard was "car", "road", & finally...."Jack" & "dead".
I put the pieces together and cried. Really hard for a few minutes but then remembered that I should really pull myself together and I don't need to be upset for too long because I'm sure its not good for me or William.
I got in my car and headed towards my parents, basically one house over on the main road.
Karch was in the neighbors driveway barking at another car that had just past and then I saw him, our poor sweet Jack. It was devastating. I mean, I've had a dog killed by a car before but I think my parents always saved us from the visual experience. He was hit so hard. People always speed down our residential road -- I'm talking 60 in a 35!! and it has always driven me crazy because I knew this would happen one day. I just don't understand why these silly dogs can't play on the 30 ACRES behind their house and they insist on walking down the driveway where its not safe. They know better. I KNOW they know better by the look on their face and the tail between their legs when they even THINK about heading in that direction. I can't believe the moron didn't even stop. What kind of person is that?
Jack was my sister's dog. My mom, dad & I got in my car to drive to my sister's house. It was still early so she was still sleeping. Jeremy answered the door. We told him what had happened and he walked into their room. After that, I heard the most devastating noise in my life - my sister's screams & cries.
My mom was beside herself. She blamed herself for letting Jack out. We assured her it was not her fault. Everyone blames themselves in some way. Although VERY expensive to fence in a piece of property as big as theirs, could we have? Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think I can stand to see this happen again. Not only the loss of Jack but to see my mom, dad, sister, Brad & Jeremy so so so sad. It hurts.
I've done a pretty good job of working past it although it has been very hard. I know he was "just a dog" as some people may say but these dogs are members of our family and Jackie-Putz (as my dad, Brad & I used to call him) will be missed dearly.
My mom and I were supposed to go to a consignment sales about 10 minutes from the house. It was 8:15am and I was about to leave the house to pick her up. I called and she was in hysterics. I couldn't even understand what she was saying. All I heard was "car", "road", & finally...."Jack" & "dead".
I put the pieces together and cried. Really hard for a few minutes but then remembered that I should really pull myself together and I don't need to be upset for too long because I'm sure its not good for me or William.
I got in my car and headed towards my parents, basically one house over on the main road.
Karch was in the neighbors driveway barking at another car that had just past and then I saw him, our poor sweet Jack. It was devastating. I mean, I've had a dog killed by a car before but I think my parents always saved us from the visual experience. He was hit so hard. People always speed down our residential road -- I'm talking 60 in a 35!! and it has always driven me crazy because I knew this would happen one day. I just don't understand why these silly dogs can't play on the 30 ACRES behind their house and they insist on walking down the driveway where its not safe. They know better. I KNOW they know better by the look on their face and the tail between their legs when they even THINK about heading in that direction. I can't believe the moron didn't even stop. What kind of person is that?
Jack was my sister's dog. My mom, dad & I got in my car to drive to my sister's house. It was still early so she was still sleeping. Jeremy answered the door. We told him what had happened and he walked into their room. After that, I heard the most devastating noise in my life - my sister's screams & cries.
My mom was beside herself. She blamed herself for letting Jack out. We assured her it was not her fault. Everyone blames themselves in some way. Although VERY expensive to fence in a piece of property as big as theirs, could we have? Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think I can stand to see this happen again. Not only the loss of Jack but to see my mom, dad, sister, Brad & Jeremy so so so sad. It hurts.
I've done a pretty good job of working past it although it has been very hard. I know he was "just a dog" as some people may say but these dogs are members of our family and Jackie-Putz (as my dad, Brad & I used to call him) will be missed dearly.
Jack & Karch on the farm at Thanksgiving 2010
Christmas Day Snow. The 3 amigos really loved it!
Smiling boy.
Chrissy with her sweet Jack.





0 comments:
Post a Comment