I really struggled with what to title this blog. Its hard to put what we are experiencing into a short phrase that sums it all up. I don't think there are words to even express how excited Brad and I are to share that we will be a family of 3 in July!
I have been wanting to blog about this for so long but there were people to tell and milestones to pass before I really wanted to put it out there on this public forum. I am 12 weeks 1 day and SO excited to begin blogging about all of our changes together as a family! I just wanted to wait until I was out of the first trimester and well, I'm really behind in blogging anyway so that wasn't hard to do. But, I've been catching some grief from some of you loyal readers out there. I can't promise any belly pics on this post but maybe I will post some soon since some of you out of towners are curious :)
Before I get into how we found out, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you very supportive friends and family out there. I appreciate all the cards, phone calls, messages & prayers! Your enthusiasm for Brad and I has brought great joy to our hearts and we are thankful to have so many wonderful friends and family by our side as we enter into this new stage of our lives. Like I said before, words cannot express how happy my heart is to be carrying this little baby. Its crazy how this has all happened this year - between a surgery to have a grapefruit sized cyst removed from my left ovary, polyps removed from my right fallopian tube & a DNC, countless moments on my knees begging the Lord for peace, questioning HIS plan for me and "why me?" , conversations with dear friends, more prayers, some help from modern medicine, more prayers, and being a VERY determined mommy-to-be. I know that God does have a plan and everything happens for a reason but when you are going through something as difficult as infertility and month after month you get a slap in the face with a negative pregnancy test or a visit from "Aunt Flow", its hard to hear from others. I can't tell you how many people told me that it was "all going to be ok" or "it will happen when its meant to happen". If you are out there and you are going through this, I feel your pain. My heart ached when I saw a baby or heard yet another friend was pregnant. All I can say is that I BELIEVE. God DOES answer prayers. I've always believed but over the past year, I've had a lot of doubts. HE does have perfect timing.
I just can't believe that we are here. We are going to be parents & all of my dreams are coming true.
How we found out:
On November 10th, 2010 I was taking my walk during lunch like I do everyday but on this day I just felt a little light headed and nauseous. This was day 32 of my cycle and although I was hesitant to take a pregnancy test because I didn't want to be disappointed, I decided to take one because something just felt different. I called Brad during my walk and told him that I didn't feel too hot and that I may be coming down with something or I may be pregnant. We agreed that we shouldn't get our hopes up but I planned to take a test when I arrived home that evening. I spoke to my sister, Chrissy, on the way home and told her that I was going to take a test. She said, "take it but don't beat yourself up if its negative". I took the first test shortly after that conversation within a couple of short minutes it showed "Pregnant". I stared down at the test like I didn't know how to read. I looked in the corner of the test for the words "not" before "pregnant" but I only saw the positive results. I started shaking and tearing up. Brad was in the office and I ran from our master bedroom bathroom yelling "honey!! honey!!" and he said "Is that what I think it is?". We hugged and kissed and I was crying and Brad teared up too! It was the sweetest thing in the whole world. A few minutes later I began to question the test so I called Chrissy back and asked her to pick up two more. She came over later and I chugged some water so I could take another test. "Pregnant" again! We were so excited. The next morning I took another test which was also positive. I called the doctor at 8:30 am and they said they would see me at 9:45. I took another urine test at the doctor's office and it was positive. They drew blood but I was not able to get the results back until the next day. Friday rolled around and I really wanted those results! I called the doctor's office but 4:00 rolled around and I decided if they didn't call back by 4:30 that I was going to go up there because I was heading out of town for a girls weekend at Kelli's and I really wanted the confirmation before I left. So, like a crazy person, I drove up to the Dr's office at 4:30. I told the girl at the desk that I needed my results and she told me to hold on while she went to track down my chart. A few minutes later she asked me to come back and my doctor, Dr. Soundarajan (the same Dr that did my surgery and prescribed the clomid) was there and she said "It was such great news that I wanted to be the one to call you!". I gave her a big hug and cried again. I thanked her and then she looked over my chart and said everything looked good but that I needed to come back on Monday for some more blood work. At this point, it still had not hit me that we were actually pregnant after all of our hardwork! ;)
4 comments:
You know I am SO excited for you. Can't wait to meet baby Kimmel this Summer. Congrats and blessings on your little family. Love you!
Congratulations! Many blessings for a happy & healthy pregnancy & baby!!!
Love it!! So glad that God answered our prayers. Love you and good to see both parents to be last night!
thanks for bringing me to tears ;) congrats to you two!!
Post a Comment