Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Not since 1882


On Christmas morning, Brad and I headed to mom & dad's around 10:30am. We are so lucky that it is less than a 2 minute car ride away!  Toni & Stephen were already there with the kids and shortly after Chrissy, Jeremy, Sean & Kquvien arrived to enjoy Chorizo Burritos (Christmas morning tradition & Brad's favorite!!). We started opening presents around 11:30 and just as we began opening our gifts, it started to snow! It snowed non-stop until about 7pm Christmas evening and then it continued on & off throughout the night and the next day until about 5pm. We had a total of 3 inches!! Stephen & Toni had to leave around 1 to head home (an hour away) they wanted to beat the snow since Stephen is in-charge of the "snow removal" landscaping crew at work and so he had to round up his crews on Christmas night if the snow stuck (which it did). By 2:30 pm, we already had almost an inch stuck to the ground. This is the first time since 1882 that we have had a white Christmas in Atlanta. We had some flurries in 1993 but they didn't stick.
I was disappointed that my siblings had to head home because of the snow but Brad and I headed home at 2pm so I could make twice baked potatoes for Christmas dinner around 4pm (also at mom & dad's) :) 
Brad and I enjoyed Christmas dinner with Mom & Dad despite the missing family members. :(
We headed back home around 6 and I was already exhausted!! but I had to make some lasagna for our annual girls Christmas dinner the next evening. 
The next morning, Dad walked over and asked me to take some pics of the Christmas Tree Farm so Dad, Brad, the dogs & I took a walk. It was very cold but the snow was SO pretty!

Sweet Smiley Benjamin
Sarah looking at one of her MANY presents
Dad has emergency surgery the week before Christmas on a hernia that almost compromised his bowel. He was back to his old self within a few days but still in a good bit of pain. Thank you God that the surgery was successful! Sean & Kquvien made these paper snow flakes for dad and called them "Italian Made" since Dad is crazy for anything from Italy (hence the yearly trips over there) and Kquvien has some Italian in her. It was hilarious and I thought Dad was going to hurt himself he was laughing so hard!
Watching Sarah open all her presents!
They were exhausted












0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP