Monday, October 18, 2010

My fave time of year

For the past 11 years, there has been one weekend that has kicked off my favorite time of year and that is Mountain Day Weekend at Berry. Its held the first weekend of October every year and its always just the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors. Fall is my favorite time of year and the beautiful autumn color leaves of Rome Ga are the perfect treat each year. This year was a little different and I didn't stay for Mountain Day activities. I wasn't really feeling up to hanging out with a bunch of people that are pregnant, has a baby or even worse, multiple kids & they are my age. It just hurts to see all of that & "Mountain - I'm here to show off my pregnant belly / little family - Day" wasn't really my idea of fun. Instead, I went up to Rome on Friday night to spend some quality time with Amy & Sarah. We went out to eat and even stayed out WAY too late in our ol' stompin' grounds. On Saturday morning we ran the Mountain Day 5k and it is such a beautiful run! I wish I lived closer and I would run on that campus every day! Amy & Sarah stayed for Mtn Day on Sat while I headed home to see my hubby. The girls & I had a great time together and even talked about doing it again next year. Hopefully by then I'll have a pregnant belly to show off!



 This guy was at the bar & we thought he looked SO much like Brad Dobbs (Amy's husband) like 10 years ago! Doesn't he??

1 comments:

Sarah October 19, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

So...what you're saying is that I need to find a husband and get pregnant by this time next year? YEESH! :)

Glad you came! We missed you for ABC+Chicken Salad and Mtn Fun!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP