Lump on a log
Just another update about my recovery progress. Last week I started having throbbing pain near the incision. I called the doctor's office on Friday and she said to take the 800mg ibuprofen over the weekend (because I had not been taking it) to see if that helps. It did help a little bit. I mostly notice the pain when I am sitting down and I do not feel it as much if I am laying down or standing. The pain is still there so the doctor had me come back in on Monday. She said that there is blood pumping into that area as part of the healing process and I look like I am doing well. She said that I can expect some pain for at least the next couple of weeks and that my next cycle will likely be very painful. She also said that Brad & I can start trying again in mid-August which is great news! I plan on taking it easy and not getting anxious about trying again. Now that we think we solved the problem (hoping-praying), I really want to get back to 'trying' like normal people and not having that nagging feeling that there is something wrong with me. No ovulation tests and no taking my temp for the first couple of months to see if we can just be normal about this. The doctor doesn't expect there to be any other problems but she is going to check me out on August 17th to see how my cycle is progressing and all that jazz.
I said "so my next appointment is August 17th" and she said "I know you are anxious to go back to work". haha.
Yes, yes I am. She said that she would prefer that I didn't until the 6 weeks is up but she understands if I want to try to go back the 2nd week of August or so to see if I can handle it. She also mentioned 1/2 days if I go back early so I will see if that is an option at work. My biggest concern is not being able to sit for that long without the throbbing sensation starting so that will definitely keep me out of the office.
I got out of the house a couple of times this week. Sarah picked me up for lunch on Monday and we met Amy for BBQ. While Alison picked me up for lunch yesterday and we had a delish lunch on the square. I just get tired so easily still and so I can't be gone long and that is frustrating for this girl who is usually an energizer bunny! I can't believe I went from having 2 full-time jobs, busy social life, taking care of the house, spending time with my husband when he is home, etc--- to not being able to do any of those things!
I do love it that I am able to spend time with Brad more so now but its hard because all of the things we want to do, I can't. Its very frustrating. I can't even go for walks on the property because its so hot and I get tired so easily. I hope to be able to work walks into my schedule next week. I may start out slow on the treadmill to see if that makes the transition easier. Have I mentioned how much I miss exercise?? I feel like such a lump on a log.
You know I can't post without sharing some photos so here are a few of Amy's birthday pool party. I really didn't want to miss it so Brad drove me and I couldn't stay very long. I wore myself out just taking a shower and doing my make-up! So sad.











2 comments:
So glad I got to spend some time with you yesterday. You are doing so well and progressing wonderfully. It will all come back - and soon too. Just think how far you have come since the surgery. I KNOW it is hard. Praying that everything keeps going well. When you get a little strength you will have to come over one morning and make bread with me - since I am dying to do it again. :)
Love these pictures and am sooo glad you could make it to my party! Love you!
Post a Comment