Just looking at these photos from the first week of July makes me wish that I could get in the pool this weekend since the heat index is going to be well over 100 degrees! I called the doctor yesterday because I was having some dull throbbing pain (still am) and I was wondering if it was typical. She said to take the ibuprofen (I haven't been taking any of the pain meds) at least once a day this weekend to see if that helps. I notice it more when I'm sitting up and I don't tend to feel it when I'm lying down (SO tired of lying down!!! - so I refuse throughout most of the day). I sit with my feet up and that tends to help too. Anyway, the nurse spoke to the doctor and said I can't get in the pool until the 6 weeks was up. I explained that I wasn't going to swim laps or anything and she said it has to do with the chemicals? AFTER I got off the phone with the nurse, I remembered that Amy's parents have a salt water pool so maybe I can get in theirs? I just want to be able to lay outside but the heat is outrageous so I wouldn't be able to do that unless I could cool myself off with a pool. It already makes me tired just to breathe in the heat for 15 minutes. This recovery cannot end soon enough but I am STILL grateful that I am not sick with anything more serious and will be able to enjoy these things soon enough. I also miss - being able to clean my own house. I can't stand walking around and seeing things that need to be done but I can't do them! Since its hot, Chulo is shedding like a mad-man! I also want to do ANY type of aerobic activity. Going for a jog on my treadmill would be joyous. I feel like I'm just packing on the pounds having to sit around the house. I find myself looking forward to the next meal - since I'm not keeping myself as busy as I normally do!
I may try to sit outside for a little bit and read. Its 9:15 right now so the heat of the day will be striking up soon. While I'm outside - you can enjoy these photos from the week of July 4th. This is pre-surgery and before I was told that I can't enjoy these drops of golden sun.
(photo titles are ABOVE each photo)
Megan & Kevin were in town during the July 4th weekend so I went to Megan's parents house to FINALLY meet baby Ansley. Megan and I grew up together and our parents are really good friends. Megan's parents are the ones who have traveled with my parents in the past on all their European/Hawaii adventures.
One afternoon, Alison, Doug, Charlotte & Douglas Charles came to my parents house to grill out and swim in the pool. Its so nice to have this pool right next door. We have been trying to plan a visit for MONTHS and since both of our families were in-town over the 4th, we set a date. Luckily my surgery was the following weekend or we would have had to re-schedule once again.
Doug is trying to get Charlotte not to be clingy in the water.
Staying safe near the steps
Not afraid like his big sister.
Douglas Charles LOVES the water!
Charlotte is starting to get the hang of it. Sidenote: Doug & Alison said that she would not swim by herself while they were on vacation in Florida.
All boy = fearless
Yay! GO Charlotte. She got the hang of it. That's a good job by my red-headed little buddy!
I think Charlotte and I have a special bond because of our red hair! :) I would die to have a red-headed child!! I just think that would be so great -- but the chances are slim.
LOVE this shot of Charlotte enjoying the water. Priceless.
Now this is what I remember brothers are for. :)
Don't trust him Charlotte!! haha
Don't worry, she didn't actually put it in her mouth.
Alison & I
I feel like we have been friends for years!! We have so much in-common (minus I don't have kids).
I can't believe that we've only been friends for less than a year!
Brother & Sister. :)
Right after this shot Charlotte began walking way too fast for Douglas Charles to keep up. haha
Alison showing Charlotte to pick the blue ones
But she'd rather just take the berries from my bucket and put them in hers. HA
oh, Douglas Charles - I think about this day and I still laugh.
He LOVED the blueberries and would not stop eating them. I think that's basically what he had for dinner and then we went out to pick and he would not stay away from the blueberries. He was a blueberry ADDICT. It was cracking us up. (Alison called the next day and shared a story about 2 blueberry diapers! haha.
Brad and I laughed really hard because she said it even smelled like blueberries!)
Love this shot. He just looks like "What? These are delicious!"
Doug tried to lead him away from the blueberries with MORE blueberries. So funny.
But -- Douglas Charles just went back for more!
My very handsome husband and Charlotte. He is going to be such a great daddy!!
That weekend, we also went to see some fireworks just a couple of miles from our house. Rian's mom was in-town from Maryland and we had a great evening just relaxing and enjoying each other's company! Fun times with such great friends!
Me & Lauren.
She only has 3 more months until baby Savannah is here!!
I have been doing a lot of planning for Lauren's baby shower in September.
I might as well occupy my time with something productive since I can't do anything else during this recovery!
Me & Brad. I love this man. :)
Rian with some scratchy facial hair ;) & Brad. Best buds.
I think this one turned out pretty good!! Thanks Lauren!
Chrissy, Jeremy, his parents, and nephew joined us to see the fireworks.
Jeremy's parents
This didn't turn out as well as I'd had hoped but its still cute. It was getting so dark and I didn't want to use the flash.
I took several trying to get the fireworks in-focus while it was so dark out. Much harder than it looks.
2 comments:
Great post, Suzie! The pictures are wonderful - LOVE that you are such a wonderful photographer. Thanks for your friendship and for accepting my little family. Glad we have you and Brad in our lives. Hugs!
Those are great pics!!! What a fun combination! Love you!
Post a Comment