I've been meaning to blog about this for awhile. First, let me start off by saying thank you to all of my family & friends who sent us anniversary cards and left sweet messages. It was so nice of you all to remember our special day. After reading the card from my mother-in-law it reminded me that I've been meaning to share something. I seriously think Beverly should teach a class in writing thank you cards!! I tear up when I read 90% of the cards she sends and I think I've kept all of them. After reading the anniversary card, I decided I would share it along with 2 others I had on a shelf where I display some favorite/recent cards.
4/14/10 -
Dear Suzie and Brad,
I am so very proud of all that you each have achieved. It must be true that marriage is a catalyst and inspiration for each to strive for their highest and best!
I will think of you celebrating #3 today, dining with fond recollections of how and when you met in Spain. And I smile when thinking about the prospects for the year to come! You have such wonderful plans together and I can't wait to watch them unfold.
Suzie, best regards to your mom & dad.
Much Love, Mom
8/18/09 - A thank you note after Beverly, Kevin, Blair & Wes spent a weekend with us in the ATL
Dear Suzie and Brad,
Mucho, mucho gracias for a wonderful family weekend together. You all were the BEST to plan, orchestrate, cook for, chauffeur around and put up with the New York branch of the family. WHEN CAN WE COME BACK?
250 Ralston is such a great home for guests; comfortable, esthetically pleasing, with plenty of room for everyone to spread out. (I personally go for the porch rockers with ceiling fans humming.)
Thank you Suzie for the superb paella, zucchini squares, blueberry muffins, and gourmet chicken. Thank you Brad for hauling us to and from the airport with flair (ha).
Wasn't it fun to all 6 play tennis and how nice of Amy and her parents to offer us their court. Now that we're all warmed up, next time should REALLY be a match to remember!
I wish you "young ones" another great get-together at the Homestead and look forward to seeing the two of you in December.
Much Love,
Mom
Brad's Bday card -- December 6th, 2009
On the front of the card - On your birthday, Son
On the inside - For every candle on your cake, there are so many reason to be grateful for a son like you.
Happy 28th, Bumbles!
I mean every word of this message....you are a wonderful, wonderful son and I love you so dearly.
Just think...at the time of next year's big day, you'll be finishing Emory and ready to launch into a new chapter of life!
I take such pleasure in watching your and Suzie's aspirations unfold, be it marriage, a home, a photography career, or a MBA program. The two of you plan well and make wise decisions. This trait will take you far in envisioning your years ahead.
Much love,
Mom
2 comments:
WOW! Can she come down and teach me and my kids. She is wonderful - the notes so well-written, thought out, and yet still personal. Yes, she definitely has a gift and what sweet words to cherish always. :)
I love Ms. Kimmel :) When is she coming to visit "us" again? Ha
Post a Comment