Stress melted away
On Saturday March 13th, Mom, Chrissy and I decided to do some shopping. Chrissy has been house shopping for a few months now and so she wanted to get an idea of what furniture she needed and how much things would cost. Since we had plans to be on the north side of town, we thought we should see Stephen, Toni, Sarah & Ben. I was so excited! Before we made it up there we went to The Dump which is a huge furniture store. It was their opening weekend so there were a lot of people there. I saw some things I really liked (but can't afford right now) and it was definitely out of the price range for my sister. We decided to head up to Underpriced Furniture which is where Brad and I bought furniture together almost 5 years ago for our apartments at the time. Chrissy found a couple of things that were much closer to her price range. Man, was it a rough day. It just seemed like nothing was going our way. Traffic jam, after accident, after annoying drivers, after annoying salesmen (at some other stores near Underpriced). We just felt like we spent all day in the car. Finally it was time to head up to see the kiddos and there was ANOTHER accident. ugh. I really wanted to get to Best Buy to get a card for my new camera so I could test it out on Sarah & Ben. We finally made it around the traffic and to Best Buy only to find out that the card I needed...I already have (2 of)!! It was just one of those days. I felt like I couldn't do anything right. I was frustrated and probably just tired because I don't know how to relax or take a day off. BUT all of this to say that there is something about holding a sweet baby in your arms and seeing the innocence in a 2-1/2 year old's eyes that make all your worries/stress melt away. It was so good to spend time with the family (even if it wasn't NEARLY long enough!!). I hope you enjoy the photos from our quick visit. ...oh, and there was another accident on the way home! ...no, i'm not kidding. The entire expressway (I-20 W) was shut down and mom had to be home to get ready for the Symphony!



















3 comments:
I LOVE the one of Sarah sleeping. So sweet and I can see why that baby would just melt your stress away! :)
Was your mom going to the Symphony to watch or does she play. If so, what???
so beautiful! Thank you for capturing such precious photos of my babies! BTW-Your new camera does great with the low light in our basement!
I LOVE the new camera! These look so great!
Post a Comment