Monday, November 9, 2009

Girls Weekend

On Saturday I headed down to Kelli's for her baby shower and for our girls night (we don't do this enough!!). Jenn was up from Florida and threw the shower for Kelli. She had been planning everything for months and it was a great shower! Kirstin also helped Jenn with this shower since she is expecting as well and will not be able to help later on. Josaphina and I are throwing a "welcome to the world" shower after the baby arrives in February. I think its going to be an open house so people can come see the baby etc.
After the shower was over, we hungout, went for a walk, ate dinner (delicious vegetable soup) and Jenn helped Kelli go through everything she got for her baby showers and decide if she really needed everything (8 blankets? 16 washcloths? a gazillion receiving blankets?) It was a little overwhelming (I have to admit) but Jenn was a huge help for Kelli (& Kirstin learned a lot too since she is due in March). It looked like Babies R Us threw up in the nursery. There was stuff everywhere! But it was such a fun and relaxing weekend for the most part!
On Sunday we had brunch and I headed back to take a hike with Brad before heading over to Amy's for a Tastefully Simple party. (AMY -- upload those photos. I know you're sick -- but do it! haha KIDDING -- Kind of :)
It was fun to see Stephanie, sweet Sadie Jane, Amy, Val, Melanie, Tracey (was the host) AND Alison was able to get a few hours away from her kiddos which I'm sure she needed! So great to see all these girls. They really are such an important part of my life.

Enjoy the photos (PER USUAL -- that's for you, Sarah)



Jenn's mom knitted a hat for this monkey and a matching one for the baby. too cute!




Jenn made a diaper cake. There really isn't anything she didn't think of.


This is Josa's mom. I really love this game. I think its because I am so good at it. People usually guess too long. I guessed too short this time and Kelli really appreciated that. ;)




For those of you that haven't played the chocolate and diaper game. ITS HILARIOUS!
you put a melted chocolate bar in a diaper and you have to guess which kind it is. haha



I really LOVED this one. Everyone provided their "2 cents" for raising kids.
I said you shouldn't let your kids put those cents in their mouth. ha.
...but then I provide serious advice (coming from the girl without kids).


This is the blanket I made for the baby. I am going to get it monogrammed once we know what it is and the name!



This is the baby's snowman outfit that Kelli's mom bought. I can't wait to take photos of him/her in it! Doesn't it look great on me? I was cracking myself up.

I'm sure Kirstin appreciates this photo.

This is Kelli's dad, Bob. He was telling everyone his piece of cake said "Bob" but it was really the "bab" from Baby Shower. Like father, Like daughter.

Kelli's mom works for a flower shop and they make awesome arrangements. They did my flowers for my wedding for those of you that remember how beautiful they were!!


Isn't this the cutest idea? Kelli did this for Jenn's shower too. Not exactly but really similar.



This is Kelli's dog, Zoie. I love her. She's awesome and definitely has that boxer energy!




1 comments:

Sarah November 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Couple of things:1. I hope one of you got some beer bread to share.
2. PER USUAL love it!
3. I played 2 of the same games at my shower(s) on Sunday. I was like, you want advice? From me?
4. The blanket turned out so cute!

Love you! See you this week!!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP