Sunday, May 31, 2009

Priceless Moments

I always say that I am going to start keeping track of all the funny things my friends do & say so I can make a t-shirt. I have never done this but if I did...Amy would earn her rightful spot on that shirt.

About a month ago I sent an email out to see if anyone wanted to join me on the Possom Trot 10k being held in Roswell. Im pretty sure the subject of the email was "Possom Trot 10k". A few people were maybes and I think I talked Amy into being a definite since we have been running together each week.

Yesterday was the 10k and Amy picked me up at 5:45 for our 45 minute drive to Roswell. We got there, went to the bathroom and got out race numbers. It was about 7:10 and someone on a loud speaker was telling all the particpants to get to the starting line. The guy said "the 10k will start in 10 minutes". Amy said "that's not us, I wonder when the 5k starts". I said "what do you mean? That IS us we are running the 10k, 6 miles". Amy said "NO WE'RE NOT!". I about wet myself I was laughing so hard! She was serious!!! She really thought we were running a 5k. I asked her why I would get up at 5 am to run 3 miles when I could do that anytime. HA! I told Amy she could definitely do this...since I knew she could do 4 miles without a problem. We finished in about an hour and it was a good run. The course was flat and right along the Chattahoochee River. We actually ran right by Brad's first apartment that he had when he moved to Atlanta. It was so strange to run on the same road that I ran on 5 years ago. Amy & I were both glad we did the race and are planning to do a half marathon in the fall. Its so much fun to have a running partner although her legs are twice as long as mine! :)

Around 12, Amy, Brad & Pax came over to swim in the pool and it was so much fun to see how much fun Pax had! He loved it! Thanks to the Dobbs for coming over and sharing such a beautiful afternoon. You guys are welcome anytime!! See Amy's Blog for more photos. She also mentions how Pax LOVED to say "hey brad" to my Brad. Pax sees Brad probably once a month and Pax sees me each week but he has not even tried to say Suzie. I have to admit that it was really funny that Pax was very interested in everything Brad did but I was a little jealous! ;)

















I was exhausted from the race & being in the sun so I took a little nap and got up to cook dinner. I made a DELICIOUS (if I do say so myself) spinach lasagna. It was seriously one of the best lasagnas I have ever had!

Today I did a lot of cleaning and Brad did a lot of studying. Brad was supposed to clean the gutters on the house but I remembered he has a fear of heights. I actually didn't realize how bad it was until today. I knew he was kind of scared because he wouldn't get near the barriers when we were on top of Rockafeller Center in New York. I told him I would just clean the gutters so I climbed onto the roof from the upstairs deck and I thought he was going to pass out! He was shaking and really scared that I was going to fall. I was completely fine and got the gutters clean! :) I hate it that he is that scared of heights...it must be a horrible feeling! Poor Bradley!

We did take a little break to spend a little more time by the pool. The dogs played. Chulo swam a lot like always and Karch ran around the pool because he is too scared to get in. It turns out that Karch really messed up 3 of his paws. We didn't realize it until this evening when Karch would not walk around. The balls of his feet are all torn up from running on the cement. It is sooo sad and I really don't know what to do for him so any suggestions would be appreciated. We cleaned his feet with Hydrogen Peroxide (I read online that it was not the best decision and Benodine is best). I wish I would have looked that up before I cleaned them. I also put neosporin and bandaged his paws up but he really doesn't like it and wants them off because he wants to be able to lick them. I read that it could take a couple of weeks for his paws to heal. I am not sure how he is going to go to the bathroom etc.

We are keeping all the dogs because my mom & sister are going to keep Sarah Belle for a couple of days. We just found out that Toni's dad passed away tonight. I do not know too many details but please keep Toni and her family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Val June 1, 2009 at 12:27 AM  

Hey Suzie!!! Sorry to hear about the dog's feet---but don't worry!!!! I had a Irish Setter that did that all of the time---she loved to run and sometimes it was on concrete and she didn't know when to stop!!!! She used to walk around on her tip toes---pretty funny to watch!!! But never fear---it will heal and you really shouldn't have to do anything. I think it is like they run so much that they get blisters and then the entire blister peels off!! Good luck!! Love you!!!!

Amy June 1, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

You got some really cute pictures even though your camera wasn't working properly! I like the one of Brad's muscles with Pax kicking!!:-) I'm glad the lasagna turned out good! It looked delicious! I hope Karch gets better! Love yoU!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP