Sunday, July 6, 2008

In-law visit & Amy's Bday





Sarah's idea for alternative fuel --


What a great 4th of July weekend!
I am slowly but surely getting over this cold. I still have a lingering cough! My mom was also really sick this past week (not with the same thing I had). She was running a fever for 6 days straight and we were really beginning to worry about her! I think it's because she worked her butt off at my cousin's wedding last weekend! My mom & nana ended up preparing food for over 100 people in a regular kitchen!! I cannot believe it! I wasn't there (as you already know -- because we had Rian & Lauren's showers last weekend). Its probably a good thing I wasn't since I was sick too! I swear, we have impeccable timing BUT Mom is feeling better and was out of bed yesterday. She was able to spend some precious time with that beautiful granddaughter of hers!
& onto the happenings of the weekend!!

Brad's mom flew in from NY on thursday night & on friday we went on a hike at Kennesaw Mountain. We really should do that more often! Its not too far and is a lot of fun! We should meet Josh & Summer there sometime since its probably about 1/2 way!
Friday night Wes flew in & I cooked my special salmon recipe with black bean & spinach. We also grilled some of my dad's DELICIOUS veggies from the garden! SO good! We just hungout the whole night and it was so nice to have that time with them since we rarely get to see them! We missed Kevin & Blair!!
Yesterday was a busy busy day. I got up did some cleaning/cooking then went over to mom & dad's to spend sometime with the family! Sarah, Stephen & Toni were there througout the afternoon. Beverly, Wes & Brad came over too and Kquvien and Sean joined us later.
It was so much fun to swim with Sarah! She is such a beautiful, happy baby!! She is learning spanish & english so when you say "Besitos!" (kiss in spanish)...she gives you one of those open mouth kisses that babies give! SO freakin' cute! She is such a joy and I can imagine that having her around makes Toni & Stephen want another child!!
I left mom & dad's around 4 and came home to start getting ready/cooking for Amy's birthday party! Amy, Brad & Paxton were in Florida this past week with Brad's family and they drove home yesterday. We decided it would be a great idea to have her bday party at my house since its close and she wouldn't have to worry about anything & It I must say, it was a great idea b/c I can't imagine how tired Amy & Brad were after spending 8 hours in the car with a baby!
Happy Birthday Amy!! (one day late)
You are such a wonderful friend, wife & mother!! An inspiration to us all! I could go on & on about how greatful I am to have you in my life....and I will probably start crying. So, I am going to make this short & sweet. Thank you for being you! Thank you for being there for me when I need you, even if its just listening to me! You make every one of my day's a little brighter!
Love you!!

I should also mention that last night's birthday party was also recognizing Mrs Kimmel, Kevin & Sean (birthday's last week) Wes (birthday today) and Amy's husband Brad (Birthday Tuesday!). Busy Busy birthday time but it was so much fun to have everyone together to celebrate!!

A special thanks to Rian & Lauren for making such delicious food and being such great friends!
A special thanks to Mrs Kimmel for helping clean up too! A lot of food = a lot of messes!
A special thanks to Summer (sorry you hit that traffic & I can't wait to eat that pie!), Lauryn (sorry I didn't answer the phone when you called!!), Sarah (thanks for getting the birthday cake & coming early to hangout!!)

So many great memories made this past weekend and I am so greatful to have all these great family members and friends in my life!

Click PHOTOS to see a slideshow of the weekend.

3 comments:

Sarah July 7, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Thanks again for having us all over! It was great and the food was so good! Love the pictures! Hope to seeyou again soon. Love you!

Amy July 7, 2008 at 10:42 PM  

Suzie-what a sweet post! I definitely teared up, too! I love you and appreciate your friendship more than you know! Thanks for doing the party for us. It was perfect!

Anonymous July 10, 2008 at 8:27 PM  

love the pics...and reading your kind and thoughtful words to those you love. those kiddies are super cute!!!!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP