Fathers Day at the Beach
On Sunday (fathers day) we got a little bit late start because we were evacuated from the hotel the night before at 3am due to a fire on the first floor. It was quickly contained and since we were on the 4th floor we were able to return to our rooms after a few hours. I felt bad for Will the most because he had NO idea why thee were loud sirens in the middle of the night and we were standing outside in our PJs with a bunch of strangers and fire trucks. He was just confused at first and then he got upset around 4am because he wanted to go back to sleep! (so did we!!). We didn't let it ruin our trip though and luckily Will went back to sleep pretty easily when we finally made it back to our room.We went down to the beach around 9:30 after eating breakfast in the room. I walked Will in the stroller to take his nap, we spent some time on the beach playing in the water, spent some time at the pool, went up to the room to relax for a bit before heading to get a drink and a snack. Will was too funny on this afternoon because this is when he noticed his reflection in the restaurant window and was waving and being shy with himself! He put his head on the table and stared at his reflection several times. It was too cute! We ate Greek food later that night for dinner. Will took a short nap during the first part of dinner but woke up to eat. Then, I had to make another attempt at a photo shoot on the beach but Brad wasn't really in the mood to help me out with this one and I think we were just all tired from the adventure the night before. It was nice to spend Brad's first fathers day at the beach as a family. Hopefully we get to do this every year! :) ...and mothers day too :)
Brad is not mad in this photo below. Not sure what's up with that face but I thought it was cute how they were looking at each other. This little swing/sitting area is at the public beach entrance which was located right next to our hotel. I guess that's one of the downsides of that location but it really wasn't that bad! I think the beach was much more crowded because of it but we got out there early anyway!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment