Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Family Vacation Part I

 On January 29th, Brad, William & I flew out for our first family vacation! We flew into Miami where Brad's dad & stepmom (Granddad & Grandma to William :) picked us up in their rental car. Kevin, Max & Blair landed shortly after we did but rented their own car. We all headed down to Grassy Key for Kimmel Family Vacation, our first one in a couple of years due to the babies being born :)
We stayed in a 6 bedroom property. One main house, a cabana and a guest house. Two pools, one was heated (the one pictured here) and the other one was down at the guest house (where Wes & Aisha stayed once they arrived Wed night).
Back to the flight - We flew first class, what a treat!! We were so spoiled flying first class during our first flight with Will. He did so great! Everyone on the flight said they didn't even know a baby was in first class!
I nursed him on the departure and a little during the landing to prevent his ears from hurting.
He also did well on the ride down to the keys and slept most of the way. When he was awake, he was very content sitting in the back seat with mommy & daddy and playing with his toys. Our first night was spent at the house. Bill & Sandy hired a chef to come in and prepare dinner every other night so we didn't have to take the babies out to dinner each night but we still were able to enjoy dinner out every other night too! It was perfect! Of course Brad enjoyed A LOT of lobster while we were there.
On Monday. We spent some time together in the pool. This was Will's first dip in the pool. He was so laid back about it! He didn't cry and he smiled a little bit. Blair brought the float you see pictured (brilliant!) and Will LOVED it. We are definitely going to have to buy one of these for Nana & Grandpa's pool for this summer! Monday afternoon, Blair, Sandy & I enjoyed a nice trip to the spa. I had my very first facial and loved it. What a nice treat from Sandy! We've made this a tradition on our family vacations and its so sweet of her to think of doing something special like that for us. I especially enjoyed it this past time! What a nice break for this busy mommy! Monday night we enjoyed dinner at a restaurant very convenient to the house. It was called Hideaway Cafe. I had a DELISH seafood dish with a sauce similar to vodka sauce. It had shrimp, scallops and fish in it. It was SOOO good! I could go for some of that right now. Yummy!
Enjoy these pics of Will's first dip in the pool. There are videos too, if I have a chance to post them!











0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP