Friday, September 9, 2011

breathe in

Although sometimes I catch myself getting frustrated with Will's napping during the day - or lack there of - I have caught myself doing a few things the past week that make this mommy thank her lucky stars for such a blessing. Even though he eats SO much and this means that he is in my arms a lot, I have noticed that I'm not such in a rush to put him down this past week. I love to sit and let him snuggle up on me while I just take a deep breath. He's not going to smell like a little baby for very long! I just breathe him in for a little while before I "attempt" the napping. This coming week I'm going to try a few new things to see if it helps. I'm going to see if the "Babywise / Baby Whisperer" theory of eat/play/sleep will work on him. He has been falling asleep at the boob a good bit over the last few days so when he's fussy, I'm going to try a couple of things to make him happy before going directly to the food (although there hasn't been a time that he hasn't accepted the food). The Dr said that I should always offer food first but I'm beginning to think that the boy doesn't have a 'shut off valve'. Also, over the last few weeks, he has been sleeping so well during the night that I thought maybe that's just the way he is (sleeping more at night and less during the day) but I've read that babies should still nap too! He hasn't been napping more than 30 min at a time. This doesn't allow for me to get anything done and I honestly just need a little break! He loves to nap in the car and on walks but this doesn't always help me out.
I'm figuring things out as I go and am learning more & more everyday. I am so in love with our little angel and on those days that I feel frustrated, I'm going to stop, snuggle him & just breathe in.

I know a blog without photos is no fun so here are a few from August (4weeks-6weeks).
















Learning about JETS football




1 comments:

Alison September 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

Oh my gosh! Getting so big. He is adorable and while he looks like his daddy, I see glimpses of you too. Precious boy! The napping thing will happen. Feel free to call me with questions. I have done the babywise thing twice, it works, but I learned a few things the hard way. Once he gets a little older you will also be able/more willing on getting him a little more disciplined. Right now it is hard because he is so small. Anyway... just call or email me if you have questions... and remember to find a system/pattern that works for you. Babywise can be a bit hard core. :)

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP