95 days
Disclaimer: This post contains pregnancy details you may not care to know. This is fair warning. Proceed with caution. Remember that this blog is mostly for my blog book purposes only so do not judge.
I cannot believe we are only a couple of weeks away from the 3rd trimester! The 2nd trimester has gone by so fast. This past week we crossed the 100 day mark and when we were only 99 days away (give or take), I got REALLY excited/anxious/nervous. I told Brad "can you believe its only 99 days away!" His response: "Its one day less than 100 days". haha. I guess he didn't share my enthusiasm of being in the double digits as opposed to the triple digits. OR - he just wanted to pick on me. :) I guess it has gone by so fast for me because I've been so busy at work & outside of work.
Either way - I can't believe our William will be here in about 3 months! I day dream about holding him, feeding him & I wonder what he is going to look like.
I'm 26 weeks 3 days today and I'm enjoying every kick, flip & punch William throws my way. I look forward to it everyday and Its funny how he is already on somewhat of a schedule. I've found he's the most active around 11:30 am and 4pm (about an hour before I eat lunch and dinner). He loves food already. :) He is also active after I eat breakfast and around 9pm.
However, on Monday he wasn't quite as active in the morning (after breakfast nor at lunch time). On Saturday & Sunday (while doing some work around the house) I noticed that my underwear was wet. It wasn't what I would typically see, more watery. I didn't think much of it on Saturday or Sunday but when it happened again on Monday I stopped and questioned it. "Hmmm, I wonder if that's normal." "Should I call the doctor", "I don't even know what amniotic fluid looks like" (turns out it fits the description of "watery" that I gave to the nurse. After speaking to a couple of coworkers, I went ahead and called just to be safe. I spoke to the nurse and (much to my surprise), she told me to come in. I wasn't really worried or anything but due to the discharge and the lack of movement from William, I thought I should do as I'm told. I went in and saw the midwife (whom I really like) and she did a physical exam and listened to his heartbeat. Everything looked fine. She said my cervix was completely closed like it should be and she did a swab test to check for other infections. She said that the leakage could have been normal discharge or I could have urinated in my underwear. Huh? What? OH MY GOSH! (this is where my embarrassment set in). Could I have really peed in my underwear just enough to make them wet? I guess it could have happened when I coughed or sneezed but it wasn't enough to actually feel it? The midwife said that it was possible but she still wanted to put me on a monitor (the kind they use when you are about to deliver that monitors the baby's movement and your contractions). Of course as soon as I lay down to do be hooked up to the monitor, William starts doing a little happy dance. :) She said the movement level was exactly what they would want to see at 25/26 weeks and she wasn't too concerned but she still wanted do an ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid level. I already had an appointment to do my gestational diabetes test so we combined the two appointments on Thursday (26 weeks, 1 day).
My ultrasound appointment was first and my amniotic fluid levels looked great! yay!
Here are some videos and photos of our sweet boy:
After the ultrasound, I drank the glucola for the gestational diabetes test. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. For some reason I pictured having to drink a 1/2 gallon of something but it was just a few ounces and I got to pick a flavor. I chose fruit punch because I asked the nurse which flavor was the most popular and that is what she told me. Before I had the test I had 2 hard boiled eggs and a piece of dry toast (that was at 8am) so by the time I drank the stuff at 10am, I was already hungry! I had to wait an hour before my blood to be drawn to see how my body is processing the sugar. I ended up feeling pretty blah because of the high sugar intake but William enjoyed it and was VERY active for that hour before I had my blood drawn. :) I also had my regular 26 week check up with Dr Koncl (the last Dr on my rotation) which was pretty uneventful. I've been meaning to blog about my blood pressure for my records only. Its been great! Its usually around 100/70 or around there and this past week it was 117/60. I mentioned the horrible sciatic pain I've been having in my lower back & butt. She said I could try wearing one of those maternity support belts to hold the weight up in the front and prevent some of the pushing on my spine and nerves but she said that most of it depends on what position he is in at the time. Some days are better than others but I think I'm going to try one of those belts for some added relief. Its usually the worst towards the end of my work day. I think sitting with pressure on my tailbone for so long has a lot to do with it so I get up and walk around the office (mostly to the bathroom) every 30min - 1 hour. We'll see how it goes over the next couple of months. Its just so weird when all of a sudden I have to hover over because I have a sharp pain down my back and it lingers in my but. ugh. Its all worth it for our William though!!! :) Starting at 28 weeks, I go to the Dr every 2 weeks for check-ups. In the last month, I go once a week.
0 comments:
Post a Comment