What's in a Name?
Brad and I have decided on a name for our sweet baby boy. We've had this name picked out for several years now (before we were married) and we are excited to be putting it to good use!
His name will be William Jacob Kimmel but he will go by "Will".
Brad's Dad is William Joseph Kimmel III and while Brad was also named William, he was not given the middle name Joseph. His name is William Bradley Kimmel. So basically we decided to bring back the initials "WJK". For awhile there we (at least I) were pretty certain he would be called Jacob. Brad and I both really like the name Jacob and have even considered changing the middle name for this boy in case we were to have another boy one day and wanted to use the name Jacob. However, we really couldn't think of anything else we liked besides William Robert (my dad's middle name) but my brother has a really close friend and he has two sons: One named William and one named Robert, so that was out of the question. ;)
Also, Brad is against calling our son by his middle name because Brad had to go through that while he was growing up. He says its frustrating when the teacher says "William Bradley" and he replies: "I go by Brad". ...I personally think he was exaggerating but that's ok because we both really like the name Will too :)
The name William comes from the German origin. In German The meaning of the name William is: Resolute protector; will. For a long time after the Norman conquest in A.D. 1066 many English boys were given some form of William the Conquer's name. William. The firstborn son of Prince Charles is named William.
The name Jacob comes from the Hebrew origin. In Hebrew The meaning of the name Jacob is: He grasps the heel. Supplanter.
0 comments:
Post a Comment