On February 15th, we woke up bright & early so my mom could drive us to the airport. Our flight to Cancun was at 9am. It was a quick flight and we hired Olympus Tours to take us to the Riu Palace de las Americas. There are 3 Riu resorts in Cancun and we were told the Palace is the nicest of the three. We paid $1200 for 4 nights, all inclusive & our flights all together were $700 so this trip was less than $2k! Well worth it! We didn't leave the resort the entire time. The weather was perfect. It was low 80's the first day but then mid to upper 80's and sunny the rest of the week! We heard it was windy and rainy the two days before we got there so we really couldn't have planned it more perfectly. There were 6 specialty restaurants, a huge buffet for lunch & dinner, an italian restaurant open for lunch, all you can drink alcohol, sodas & water. We both consumed a lot of bottled water and of course, I wasn't able to partake in the never-ending alcohol due to sweet William in my tummy. I ordered club soda or tonic water with lime just to have something a little different :)
A funny story to remember from the trip:
-- One night we were in the big lobby bar and one of the mexican waiters came up to me (I was sitting down) and he proceeded to stroke my belly in big circles and ask me when I was due, what we were having, etc. He KEPT rubbing as he was talking to us. We answered his questions and I was honestly in shock. That was the first time a stranger had touched my growing belly. He was a really nice guy but it was so weird! When he walked away, Brad and I started laughing awkwardly and it hit me how strange that was. We joked about it the rest of the trip. "Touchy Feely Waiter"
The view from the walk leading to the pool
There were two infinity pools and I loved how it appeared to be flowing into the ocean. Beautiful!

We really didn't have high expectations because our honeymoon was so great, we didn't think this trip would compare. Although our honeymoon was nicer, this resort definitely exceeded our expectations! This is the room. This was the Jr Suite (not even the regular suite!). I learned that a king bed is AWESOME when you are pregnant and want to sleep with your husband. Its not as comfortable at home in our queen because of all the pillows I use. At home I have Mr Pillow (my body pillow) and its bigger than me and fabulous. I also use the wedge pillow that Amy gave me. Right now I use it to prevent myself from waking up on my back. I wedge it behind me but sometimes I must move it in my sleep because I still wake up flat on my back. The Dr has said not to worry about it right now. She said to try not to sleep on your back but if you happen to wake up that way, its not that big of a deal because i'm not gigantic....YET. haha
The bathroom was bigger than it looks in this pic.
There was a fully stocked fridge & liquor dispenser. I don't think Brad used the liquor but he enjoyed a few beers from the fridge and they stocked 5 big water bottles in the room for us too, which we went through each night in addition to all the water I drank on the beach & pool. There is something just so fantastic about not even having to leave your beach chair to have a drink! I guess all the water explains the frequent trips to the bathroom.
The hotel was in the shape of a U and this is one view from the beach
Our first night, we ate at the main buffet because we couldn't get reservations at any of the other restaurants. I guess it was a busy week for guests! Maybe because of winter breaks? There were a lot of mid-westerners & northerners that escaped the snow!
The 2nd night we ate at Tio Pepe (they called it Spanish Tapas but it was really Mexican food, like fajitas, empanadas, etc). It was good but not our fave.
18 week photo :)
When I ordered decaf coffee they brought me the whole jar and a little teapot of hot water.
I want to go back!!!
Brad making a funny face. This made me laugh!
There were A LOT of european men in speedos. It was gross. We were also amazed at how many very beautiful women were there with husbands MUCH less attractive.
The 3rd night we ate Brazilian (where they carve meat at the table). It was good!
The 4th night we ate Japanese. It was called Sankura and it was amazing. Brad was able to eat the sushi they gave us to start. I could only eat the ones with veggies only but it was still good. For an appetizer we both had veggie & shrimp tempura. He had filet in chili sauce & I had a fabulous salmon covered in sesame seeds in a shitake mushroom sauce. Yummy! For dessert I had banana spring rolls and Brad had tempura ice cream. They also brought him an entire bottle of wine when he ordered a glass. ;) No worries, he didn't finish the entire bottle, only half. haha
The little t-shirt & maracas that we bought for our sweet baby boy :) We were very excited to buy something for him while on our babymoon.
0 comments:
Post a Comment