Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Seeing the baby




Brad and I went to our 14 weeks ultrasound this morning at 8:45. We were very excited to see the baby actually "look" like a baby! It was squirming around a lot and moving its arms. Its ankles were crossed and we even saw the mouth open and close (video above). The heartbeat was a healthy 148 bpm today but was 160 bpm on Thursday (just a few days ago) when we went for a check-up and sonogram/doplar heartbeat appointment. Its so interesting that the heartbeat can fluctuate in just a few days. Brad and I were so happy to see our little "plum" (the size of the baby this week). We were all smiles and we are looking forward to every step of this journey together! 

We didn't see the doctor at the office this morning but she asked one of the nurses to call me this evening to tell me that everything looked great. I thought that was so sweet since I wasn't expecting a call! They usually say they will only call if something is wrong but I was happy to receive the call. :) 
Brad said that he asked the ultrasound technician if she could tell if it was a boy or a girl when I went to the bathroom after the ultrasound. She said she couldn't tell yet but that was mostly because of the position the baby was in. While we have the option of going to one of those ultrasound places (not covered by insurance and not our doctor's office) to find out the sex in as little as two weeks, we will likely wait until the 20 week appointment at the doctor's office. We are curious to know but we are not in any kind of hurry. For the record, I think its a girl. Just a feeling I have - but I have been wrong many times before! :) Hence Kelli's blanket with a little bit of pink it in when she ended up having a boy (Nolan). hehe





0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP