Monday, November 22, 2010

What's For Dinner - Entry #3

This post is JUST in time for Thanksgiving. I didn't plan it that way but I'm actually really behind in posting my Mom's recipes and these two are Thanksgiving favorites! I LOVE the holidays. The cool crisp air, the family time (no matter how dysfunctional it is), the delish food, time off work with my hubby, the list goes on & on. This year I feel extra thankful. Its been a rough year but things are looking up! Brad is finished with his Emory MBA in t-minus 3 weeks. I am so proud of him! Although I'm struggling with a terrible cold, I still feel very thankful this week. We are so blessed with amazing friends and family. I can't wait to see what God blesses us with in the next year.

ok, onto the recipes. These photos aren't the greatest. I guess I was too focused on digging in!


Yellow Baked  Squash

3lbs yellow squash
1/2c chopped onion
1c cornbread stuffing
1/2 tsp pepper
2 eggs
1 stick of butter or margarine 
(my mom's recipe says "oleo" and I had to call her and ask her what that meant! She said its what they used to call butter)
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Wash & cut up squash
Boil until tender, drain & mash
Add all ingredients except 1/2 oleo
melt remaining oleo
Pour Mixture into baking dish
Spread melted butter over top
Sprinkle with cornbread stuffing
Bake at 375 for 1 hour - until brown on top

 Mac & Cheese
1 (8 ounce) package med shell mac
1 egg, lightly beaten
2c small curd cottage cheese
1 (8 ounce) sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2c shredded american cheese (Ive used colby and its good too!)
1/4c soft breadcrumbs (optional)
2 tsp butter melted

Cook Mac according to package
combine mac, egg & next 5 ingredients, stir
spoon mixture into a greased 12x8x2 baking dish
combine breadcrumbs and butter, stirring well
sprinkle over mac
bake at 350 for 30 minutes




0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP