Sunday, February 28, 2010

One Last Hurrah

As the weather is warming up (I hope!!) and winter is behind us, I thought I'd share these photos of our snowy day on Feb 12th. Its rare that is snows (and sticks!) here in the Atl. I'm not a big fan of how cold its been this winter but the snow sure is pretty to look at and photograph! Chulo had a great time, as you can see. It really started coming down around noon and by the time I made it home from work at 5 (we didn't get to leave early like a lot of other companies), our house and yard was covered in snow. I walked in and Brad was already home so I said "lets go out and play" To which he responded "You mean, Chulo and I will go out any play while you take tons of photos". Why, yes honey, precisely. You know me so well! :)

 

 
I love this photo of Chulo and Brad chasing each other in the snow. It makes me smile. :) 


 It is amazing how much snow there was stuck on every inch of the yard. 

So pretty!

 
Nothing like a southern magnolia covered in snow. 

Look how fluffy the snow was stuck to the fence. 


Our poor Leyland Cypresses had snow piled on them so they were drooping. 

Favorite photo of the day. Look how adorable Chulo looks in the snow. Its actually kind of difficult to photograph a black dog in the snow. You have the brightness of the snow so its hard to get the exposure just right. I think this one turned out decent though. 

Chulo didn't understand that this was a small tree growing out of the ground and NOT a stick just hanging out from the snow. He yanked on this poor little tree until the top came off. Sorry to all of you tree lovers out there (Kevin). 

Chulo was licking the snow off his face. This makes me laugh!!

You can tell I'm a true southerner since I was amazed at how the snow just piled onto the smallest of branches. 

Chulo was running around like a banchy. It was hilarious and unfortunately this photo does not give it justice.

5 comments:

Amy February 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM  

These are beautiful!!

Alison February 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

I love these - especially of the ones with Chulo in the snow close up. The snow looks so pretty! Great pictures!

Sarah March 1, 2010 at 8:01 AM  

My dad said his dogs ran around like "banchies" too! Something about dogs and snow I guess...Sophie was not a fan.

Love the pictures!! Esp the fence ones :)

The Burfitt's March 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

i LOVE all of your pictures of the snow!! so pretty :) you are so talented!

Summer March 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

Maddux did the same thing! He loved running around in the snow!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP