Saturday, July 4, 2009

I RUN so I can EAT




In January, thanks to a little "push" by Summer, I started being more serious about running. I used to run cross county in HS but oh Lord, its been what? 10 YEARS!
In the last 10 years or so I have ran here and there as a form of exercise but there were not very many weeks that I ran more than twice because I did eliptical machines and things like that. Anywho, I have been running more and for the past few months I have been saying "I run so I can eat". Because Its true. That is why I run for the most part. Its a great stress reliever for me and I just enjoy food A LOT so I told Amy, Summer, Sarah, Kelli, Lauren....pretty much anybody that would listen...that "I am going to make a t-shirt that says "I run so I can eat".

Well, after we ran the 1/2 marathon in March, Jenny said that we should run on the Waffle House team for the Peachtree Road Race (10k). Jenny works for WaHo corporate and encouraged me to run in the 40th Anniversary of the Peachtree Race. We met a week before the race to get our t-shirts and what did she hand me -- a shirt that says "I run so I can eat"...and of course it has the WaHo logo. I can't remember the last time I was that excited. haha. Jenny had nothing to do with the design of the shirts and had no idea that I have been coining this phrase over the last several months...or so I thought. I guess it turns out that im not as creative as I thought I was and I should have copyrighted that phrase while I had a chance! ha!

The 40th Anniversary Peachtree Race was my first. I went downtown around 6am to meet Jenny & her awesome parents. We walked over to MARTA (first time riding public trans is like 8 years) to meet Summer and her brother, Luke. Although I was not feeling well during the race (long story) we had a great time and I finished although my time was not as good as I would have hoped. It was pretty HOT and there were thousands of people so that was fun! The shirts were a HUGE hit and we were cheered by thousands of people (runners & non-runners). People would run up behind us and say "yeah, I run so I can eat too" See, I could have made some $$ off this one! Shoot. haha

After the race, I drove up to Summer & Josh's for their annual 4th of July Party. It was fun to see the Gernatt & Norman families. I left around 4 and headed back home, their house is about 45 minutes from ours. Brad had been studying all day and trying to relax a bit. Around 6, Brad & I joined my family for some oh-so-delicious brick overn pizza and then Brad and I went to hangout with Rian & Lauren to top off a fabulous Independence Day!

Thanks to Summer for bringing her camera to the race!! I stole the race photos from her! :)











3 comments:

Alison July 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

You go girl! I used to run as well. Hoping to get back into it as soon as I can get these babies a little older - right now my sleep seems more important. I don't know why. :)

Amy July 26, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

You keep updating!! I don't mind the post-dating! Hahaha

Sarah July 27, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Post dater! haha. You should sue WaHo for stealing your idea :)

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP