In Honor...
...Of Mother's Day, I thought I would share a few of the greatest gifts my mom has given me --
- Selflessness - I always put others first. Usually this is good but sometimes I forget that I need to take care of ME too. This is one thing that I know I got from my mom. I hope I can learn to take the good and the bad from this gift and learn how to use it as a happy medium.
- A love for cooking - I love to cook. I wish I had more time to cook and If I did, I would cook everyday. I hope to compile a cook book of all my mom's recipes. This is a project to finish within the next year. I can't wait! She has sooo many great recipes that need to stay in the family.
- my siblings - I don't think I would be who I am today if It wasn't for my 2 older brothers and little sister. We are all so different and bring so many unique qualities to our family. There is never a dull moment and it feels good to know that I will always have my family, no matter what. While I grew up being jealous of my sister at times, I am proud to call her my bestfriend. I would not have this gift if it wasn't for my mom.
- A listening ear - my mom is always willing to talk about anything and I think this was a great thing to have while I was growing up. Sometimes my mom probably knew a little too much but I know she saved me from a lot because she was there to listen (and sometimes slamp some sense into me...not literally. haha)
- A helping hand - mom is always doing things for us and I really appreciate the extra help. She lets the dog out for us if we are going to be late getting home and she picks things up at the store for me if she is there and I need something. Its the little things my mom does that is a HUGE help to me.
A Very Happy Mother's Day to the other Moms in my life ----
My mom's mom, Nana. Brad's Mom, Beverly. Toni. Amy. Stephanie. and all the others....
And the Moms-to-be -- Kelli. and all the others...
I am looking forward to all of the joys that motherhood brings.
1 comments:
Oh-that's so sweet!!!! Thanks for the shout out, too! Love you!
Post a Comment