In-Law Visit -- Part I
We are back from our tour of the northeast, visiting the Kimmels. We left last Tuesday, the 3rd and landed in West Chester Co to spend the first part of our trip with Beverly (Brad's Mom). She had a special treat for us on Tuesday night. She hired a car to pick us up and drive us to Manhattan. We saw South Pacific on Broadway. It was so great and we had so much fun! We even had a little glass of wine to celebrate on the way home. About an hour from the city.
On Wednesday we drove to see some of the areas that Bev has been looking at over the last year. Since Aunt Han has passed away, there are a lot of details and delays with the purchase of new land but I pray that she will be able to find a place that makes her happy really soon. We looked at Kent CT, Cornwall CT & Milbrook NY. The photos with the view below are from Mohawk Mtn. It was so pretty and we even saw some skiers on nearby hills.
Wednesday night Beverly shared some of the treasures the has found at Aunt Hans. This included some very special family photos & the adorable stove you see below. YES, it actually cooks food. You can put coal in it to heat and Bev remembers playing with it when she was a little girl.
I just think its so great that Aunt Han (& her mom) saved so many special things. They even included little notes with several things to tell where it came from and who it belonged to. Beverly found notes hidden in things all over the house. Just like a treasure hunt!
the antique play stove that Bev used to play with when she was a child. I think we need to bring this on the Antique Road Show to see what it is worth!
On Thursday we had lunch with Ro (Brad's step grandmother). Dadio (Beverly's dad) passed away a couple of years ago and Ro is his very sweet widow. Dadio was Aunt Han's twin brother.It was so nice to see Ro and the house that Beverly grew up in. That was another special treat. The snow on the ground made the house glow through the large windows! We drove around New Canaan a bit and then we went to Aunt Hans to see if there was anything that Brad and I wanted from her estate. It was a very sad but special visit. She has so many nice things. A special thank you to Beverly for thinking of Brad and I and offering some of Aunt Hans things.
Some of you (Sarah & Kelli if you are reading this) will be amused that I found some old jam jars in the basement. They were covered in dust and they were my treasure that I found. This was NOT AT ALL what Brad's mom expected me to be crazy about (I was crazy about many other 'bigger' things too) but I loved them. I think Aunt Han is smiling down at me and remembering the times she canned jam in those jars. :)
After Aunt Han's we went to the yacht club that Dadio used to be a member of. Dadio LOVED to sail. Ro inherited his membership and still frequents the yacht club.
Brad walking around Aunt Han's house
Brad standing next to Aunt Han's pond. Such a beautiful piece of property. Its for sale if you no anybody looking to move to CT.
Greenwich yacht club, where Dadio used to have his boat.
A very special thank you to Bev for some very very special memories!!
2 comments:
That looks like yall had a great time!
Speaking of post-dating, though!!
:-)
Love you, and hope to see you Saturday!
So neat! So my cousin goes to West Chester University?? Is that where you were? Just curious. We really ought to hang out soon. AND....belly pictures- start planning. I thought I would make my appt well in advance! Love you!
Post a Comment