Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day !!

I am getting WAY TOO GOOD at taking photos while being in the photo...Now, If I only had longer arms. :)

Brad and I spent some much needed quality time together this weekend. This was probably the first weekend that he didn't have tons of school work to do since starting his MBA program. I was very excited to hear this so we decided to spend the day together yesterday. It was so much fun!

We had lunch at our FAVORITE restaurant, Eclipse Di Luna. I think we ordered 8 different tapas, including dessert and I had a mojito and we kept it under $50. This is really good if you knew how much food we had! After lunch we headed up to the North Ga Premium Outlets. Brad had a gift card from his dad & step-mom for Brooks Brothers and those shirts fit Brad really well so we thought we would be able to get more for our money at the Outlet. The selection was not as I had hoped so unfortunately we wasted gas getting up there considering we could have gone to the Brooks Brothers store at Perimeter or Lenox (MUCH closer to the restaurant). Either way, we had fun together and enjoyed some conversation on the hour long drive home. We also stopped at Starbucks to treat ourselves (once again for Valentines Day). Neither one of us buy coffee from a chain like Starbucks because its not worth the money. I set the coffee maker every night before we go to bed to save some $$. However, Brad LOVES the mocha frappacino and I tried the Skinny Vanilla Late (it was ok). Not as good as the ones with the fatty syrup :)

When we got home I ran a few miles and then we went up to Blockbuster to rent a movie. We couldn't find ANYTHING worth watching so we ended up watching Kung Fu Panda (we had it from four Blockbuster mail rental). Nothing like cartoons on Valentines Day! haha.

We had such a fun day together and I am so glad we had that opportunity!
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful, loving husband! He is my everything.

Today was a fun day too!
I met Sarah at Scotts Antique Market. It was a blast, as always! I love walking around and looking at all of the treasures. I saw a couple of pieces that I really wanted but were too expensive. I wish we were rich! ... Maybe one day we will be able to afford some of those things.

I went to the grocery store on the way home (more about my grocery store / menu planning / money saving tips later. I did my long run today and I am pooped. During my run, I stopped by to see a neighbor because she had a baby. My mom was there visiting too. I cooked a delcious (if I do say so myself) dinner. I made balsamic glazed chicken with basil rice pilaf. The chicken is topped with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Mmmm. I am going to make this recipe again this summer when we have fresh basil and tomatoes from the garden. My mouth is watering just thinking about that.

0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP