Sunday, January 25, 2009

Girls Weekend

On Saturday morning I went to Kelli's house about 45 minutes south of us. We spent the afternoon antique shopping and her mom also joined us. I always enjoy antique shopping with them and finding old or new things for the house. While we were at this cute little store in McDonough, The Plum Tree, we saw this Terrarium for sale. Kelli went crazy over the idea for us to make Terrariums. I have been wanting to do it for quite some time (since I recently saw it in a magazine). We went on a quest for glass jars to make our Terrariums.
We finally found them!

Josaphina joined us around 5:00. We cooked fajitas and Josa brought delicious guacamole and black bean salsa from Whole Foods. (she works in Marketing at Whole Foods). Dinner was delicious and afterwards we headed to Lowes to get a few things we needed for our Terrariums. We had a good time walking around and just being goofy.

Kelli's mom brought over some little artsy things for us to use in our terrariums. She had tupperwares full of cute little additions. She also dug up some plants that she had around her house. Kelli's dad & brother also came over & we all enjoyed a Turtle Trifle that Kelli made. It was really rich so I could only eat a few bits (we all know I don't have much of a sweet tooth).

After dessert we started our terrariums. It was such a fun project! My jar was huge so I was able to fit a lot in my terrarium. Kelli's brother was the judge of the best terrarium and I won (Im convinced it was because of how much bigger mine was & all the cute things Christy had for us to use). It is sitting on my kitchen table right now & I LOVE IT! Im so glad we went antiquing, saw the terrarium and Kelli pushed for us to do this project!

It was such a relaxing & weekend! Kelli did so much work to make our stay enjoyable. Matt was there last night too and it was so great to see him! They have such an adorable house and I think some of her rooms should be in a magazine! Her family is so crafty!

Kelli & Matt - Thanks for having us! It was so much fun & I CANNOT WAIT til next time!





The inside of my terrarium

Kelli's terrarium

We were laughing b/c Josa thought she could fit that flower in her terrarium!





0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP