Day Off
I took the day off on Friday. It was a much needed day off and I had BIG plans to get a lot of things done around the house. I always set unrealistic goals so of course I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. Chrissy came over and spent the whole day with me. We put dinner in the crock pot (chicken chili) so Brad would have something to eat when he got home from work. Our biggest job for the day was cleaning the basement. That basement is huge and doesn't get enough attention (its hard enough keeping the main living area clean) but with my parents' party coming up in almost 1 month, we tackled the basement. Its a great space with LOTS of potential for future (Kids/entertainment) use. In the meantime, I have been working on getting it organized. My sister is storing some of her stuff down there too which doesn't make it any easier. This is the main reason she had to help me figure something out. My dad's friend, Bubba, came over and said he would put some storage shelves in. He is going to do that within the next couple of weeks and then we can really get organized down there! I love being organized, can you tell??
After some slight family drama that put a damper in my day off; mom, Chrissy & I went to eat sushi for lunch. My mom always says that Chrissy has an extra Japanese & Chinese stomach in her body because when she eats either of those foods, it looks like she eats her body weight. Lunch was fun and then we went to Target to get a few things I needed. Love that store but I always spend too much money in there.
Oh, Im also having some new draperies made for the TV room. Im really excited because Ive had the fabric forever. I could do them myself but who has time for that??
Special thanks to Chrissy & Mom for spending the day with me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment