Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kimmel Vacation
















We are back from our long weekend at the Greenbrier and we had the best time! For those of you that don't know (since I didn't before I knew we were going there). The Greenbrier is a large resort in the Greenbrier Valley of WV. They have EVERY activity imaginable & I think the hotel was the nicest once I have ever stayed in. Right up there with our Honeymoon hotel in the Caymans.
We went with Brad's dad, stepmother Sandy, Brothers Wes & Kevin and Kevin's wife Blair.
Brad and I left Thursday around 7:30 am and arrived just before 4. The drive up to WV was beautiful with all of the fall foliage along the mountains. I loved to look through the valley to see the cows grazing or a big beautiful house sitting atop a hill. It was a perfect drive. It started to sprinkle right as we arrived. We had just enough time to relax and get ready for dinner. At that point, it was just Sandy and Bill since Kevin, Blair & Wes didn't arrive until 2am. We had dinner at Sam Snead's which is a really good restaurant at the Golf Club on the Resort. I had a Rock Fish (like a red snapper) in a creamy mussel sauce which was delicious! We had good conversation with Sandy and Bill. I was asleep by 9:30 that night!! It was incredible and the bed was soo comfortable!
On Friday the girls went to the Spa and the boys went to Archery in the morning. I had a sulphur soak, a rinse that was like a car wash and a massage. The spa was really nice and very relaxing! We all ate lunch together and afterwards we went on a very long hike up a mountain. Sandy and Bill didn't do the whole thing but it was still a lot of fun to have that quality time! Blair & I went ahead of the guys so we could chat and we made it to the top. It was really foggy so you couldn't see the wonderful view very well but It was still beautiful!
We had dinner at the fancy restaurant on the resort on friday night. After dinner all of the kids went to bowl. The Greenbrier has its own bowling alley with 8 lanes. It closed at 11pm and we were the only ones in there til about 10:30 so we had the whole place to ourselves and used 2 lanes. It was so nice!
On Saturday Wes, Brad, Blair & I went fly fishing. It was our first time and tons of fun! Blair and I were in a rush to get to our spa appointment at 11am so we only had time for a quick lesson and to catch one rainbow trout each! I really liked fly fishing and I can tell why so many people find it relaxing! The two men that taught us spent most of their time with Blair & I (of course) so we at least got a really good lesson before they had to drive us to the spa. My Saturday treatment was a hot stone massage and it was to die for! Definitely my favorite spa treatment.
After lunch we all went Skeet Shooting. It was all of the Kids' first time and TONS of fun! I especially liked the skeet shooting and Brad did too! We both did well. We split up into two teams. Me, Wes, Kevin & Sandy on one team. Brad, Bill & Blair on the other team. Bill probably set it up that way because even at dinner, we were not allowed to sit next to our husbands. It was funny! Plus, it made for some great conversations!
I have a little bruise on my arm from skeet shooting and Brad has a large bruise! My arms got tired really easily and they are sore today. All in All it was a great experience and I could see myself picking up skeet shooting as a new hobby! :)
We all had another wonderful evening last night! We had drinks at the golf club, a delicious dinner and finished the evening with some pool and shuffle board! So much fun!!
Brad and I left the Resort around 9am this morning. It was so sad to leave because we had such a great time and it went by so quickly! A special thanks to Bill & Sandy for such an incredible weekend. We could not thank them enough for allowing all of us to get together and have so many wonderful experiences! I can't wait to make the Kimmel Vacation an annual extravaganza!

To my photo fans --
I have bad news. My camera is messed up! It has been for a couple of weeks and it just got worse & worse over vacation. LUCKILY Blair is an avid photographer too and definitely picked up the slack! My camera refused to focus (even on the manual setting for some of the photos). I basically gave up in bringing it around with us because Blair had hers! I can't wait to see Blair's photos and I will share them with all of you when she emails them out!!! Here are the few that I took.

2 comments:

Summer October 20, 2008 at 8:45 AM  

That sounds like a fabulous weekend!! I really want to try a hot stone massage...can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Sarah October 20, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

I am so glad you had such a great trip and that Blair was able to take such great pictures!! Can't wait to hear about it in person!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP