Saturday, September 6, 2008

One thing I learned today

...I do not belong in Whole Foods.
Chrissy & I went to buckhead to get our haircut. The girl we used to use at Vidal Sassoon moved to a new salon called soeren salon. Shes really good and we both like her so we decided to try the new place. We drove over to Paces Ferry and both got great haircuts. Mine was just a trim so don't expect anything exciting when you see me. $80 trim. This is the reason I only get a haircut twice a year!
Im cheap, just incase you didn't know. Plus, my hair is very healthy all of the time. Im not sure Ive ever had a splitend. So, this is the reason I don't get haircuts very often.

Anyway, I went first so when Chrissy was getting her haircut I decided to go 1/2 a block to Whole Foods. I know they have really fresh/good food there so I wanted to check it out. I started in the produce and checked out the prices. I was a little blown away (this coming from a girl who gets the majority of her produce from her parents backyard). I spend about $2 for 2 peaches, $3 for a couple of avocados and almost $3 bucks for a few bananas. The next 3o minutes consisted of me walking through that store and feeling like I don't belong. "One of these things is not like the other". Im not sure if it was the high priced food or the snotty customers. Don't get me wrong, they have a great selection and I bought a bunch of things that we can't get at Publix. I bought some aged cheddar that I know Brad will enjoy later this week. Either way, I decided I am a Publix girl. They have buy one get one free and even every now & then I don't mind Kroger (ours sucks) but they do have 10 for $10.

Maybe im just spoiled when it comes to fresh produce. However, I did get some red grouper, a few tuna steaks & some salmon that looks fantastic!! & Im 99.9% sure I will never find that in a Publix! Im already thinking up some delicious recipes to use the fish in. We had some sushi for dinner tonight that was pretty good. Summer, their guacamole is right up there with yours. All in All im sure I purchased over $200 worth of quality, organic, food for the next week or so.


BUT -- I have to say that this trip to Whole Foods will only come twice a year...with my haircut.

0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP