Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Friends -- Good Food

This weekend was pretty busy! We spent a lot of time doing things around the house and Brad helped Dad on the Christmas Tree Farm....But we were able to spend some quality time with some close friends.

Saturday night Rian & Lauren came over for dinner. It was kind of a last minute thing and Rian is a great chef. He said he didn't feel like cooking last night so I told him "no problem! I don't mind cooking!". So around 7:30 Rian & Lauren show up with the hamburger patties already prepared and all of the stuff to make pot stickers (which I have never had before & they were SUH good!)
I also grilled zucchinni, squash & green beans from the garden. Ri & Lauren made homemade ice cream and we had blue berries from our farm! Delicious! Its always nice to have such good friends that live sooo close! AND Chulo always enjoys quality time with his good friend Bailey (or as Brad likes to call him -- The Small Pony!

Today we had friends over that DO NOT live close. Rian & Lauren live about 7 minutes away....Josh & Summer came over today and they live about an hour away! I cannot tell you how great it was to see them. We never get to spend such quality time together and it definitely meant a lot to me that they took time out of their very busy schedules to make that happen!
We had another great meal! Although I did a good bit of cleaning this weekend, I made up for it with all of the eating!! No weight lost here!
I made zuchinni squares (one of Summer's favorites!) I messed them up the first time (I FORGOT THE EGGS???!!!) So, Brad helped me make them the 2nd time WITH the eggs. I also made Thai coconut soup & we grilled Thai Pork Kabobs. Since I had a few glasses of wine & since I was having a heart to heart with Summer, I TOTALLY forgot to server the Thai Chile Sauce & the RICE!! OOPS? Thanks for bringing such a delicious bottle of wine! :)
For dessert I made my mom's blueberry pie! & we used the leftover homemade ice cream from last night! MMMMM GOOD! Chulo & Maddux had a great time playing, as always! I had forgotten how rough they play since they have not seen each other in so long!
My parents had some friends over today (Ruth, Dennis, Dave & Hope). Hope had the cutest little Chiwawa! His name is Chick. Well -- His full name is Juan Cicatelli Epstein, but they call him Chick for short. I went to see Chick swim in my parent's pool before I went grocery shopping this afternoon and I took a few photos. It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen! I'd never seen a dog in a lifevest before!! HA! They also came over to see the house because they'd never seen it before. Chulo & Maddux also played with Chick. It was very entertaining to watch that tiny dog play with the BIG DOGS!
Josh & Summer -- A very special thanks to you guys for driving out here and spending the evening with us! It was SO great to see you guys & Maddux! We really should do this more than every other year! I had a great time!

I hope everyone enjoys the photos from our Good Friends & Good Food Weekend!!







2 comments:

Summer June 23, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Thanks for having us! It was a blast :-) I love the picture of Chick growling at Maddux and Chulo who were towering over him. Too funny!!

Anonymous July 10, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

omg...these are some REALLY good pictures...you need to school me on the settings you used for some of those close up shots!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP