Goodbye 2007 -- HELLO 2008!
WOW! What a year! So much has happened and I cannot believe this year is over!
First things First!
some might say im out of my mind but I started the year with a BANG!
In January 2006 Brad proposed and as we began planning what was to come, we decided to build a house on my family's land in Powder Springs Ga. What a task!
Although this house is a lot of work, I love it and there is very little I would change!
Although this house is a lot of work, I love it and there is very little I would change!
We found the builder, Larry Rakestraw (thanks to a friend at work!)
I don't know what I was thinking planning a wedding and building a house at the same time!
This photo is from this past Christmas & is the most recent pic we have. I guess I could have posted photos of the house being built, but what fun is that? Just a bunch of wood, bricks & dirt but we have been blessed with a wonderful home to call our own. I feel so grown up!
We began construction in September 2006 and closed in January 2007. Its hard to believe we have been in our home for a year!
Our Housewarming --


On April 14 2007 we were married!
Even though there has been a horrible drought in Atlanta this year it mannaged to rain on our wedding day! Everyone has said that rain on your wedding day is good luck. Im sure that is true! The rain held off until late in the afternoon and the day was absolutely wonderful!
& On the plus side, with an overcast day -- who could ask for better photography lighting!?!


On May 26th 2007 my brother Stephen and Sister-in-law Toni had a beautiful baby girl named
Sarah Belle
One day old

This Christmas -- Isn't she precious?

On July 7th one of my all time best friends Kelli Knight married her best friend of 7 years
Matt Sullivan. The ceremony and reception were in her parent's backyard and it was perfectly decorated, planned and perfected. What a beautiful day for two very special people!!
Kelli asked me to shoot her wedding and I LOVE so many shots from that day but here are a couple of my faves!
I have never seen so many flowers at one wedding in my life! (Kelli's mom is a florist - her shop also did the beautiful flowers at my wedding although there were not quite as many) :)
What a beautiful bride!

The Happy Couple

This photo is from this past Christmas & is the most recent pic we have. I guess I could have posted photos of the house being built, but what fun is that? Just a bunch of wood, bricks & dirt but we have been blessed with a wonderful home to call our own. I feel so grown up!
We began construction in September 2006 and closed in January 2007. Its hard to believe we have been in our home for a year!
Our Housewarming --
On April 14 2007 we were married!
Even though there has been a horrible drought in Atlanta this year it mannaged to rain on our wedding day! Everyone has said that rain on your wedding day is good luck. Im sure that is true! The rain held off until late in the afternoon and the day was absolutely wonderful!
& On the plus side, with an overcast day -- who could ask for better photography lighting!?!


On May 26th 2007 my brother Stephen and Sister-in-law Toni had a beautiful baby girl named
Sarah Belle
One day old

This Christmas -- Isn't she precious?

On July 7th one of my all time best friends Kelli Knight married her best friend of 7 years
Matt Sullivan. The ceremony and reception were in her parent's backyard and it was perfectly decorated, planned and perfected. What a beautiful day for two very special people!!
Kelli asked me to shoot her wedding and I LOVE so many shots from that day but here are a couple of my faves!
I have never seen so many flowers at one wedding in my life! (Kelli's mom is a florist - her shop also did the beautiful flowers at my wedding although there were not quite as many) :)
What a beautiful bride!

The Happy Couple


2 comments:
Yeah!! I am so excited that you started a blog. I love reading everyones so make sure you update often. Love you!
I think I am going to start a blog and write it as though I am Sophie. What do you think?
Post a Comment