Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Jace's arrival




On the morning of Friday, August 10th, I got a call from Chrissy around 7am saying that she was at the hospital and her contractions were about 7-12 minutes apart. They checked her around 8am and told her to walk for an hour to see if that helped but after the hour she was still 3cm dilated so they told her to go home and get some rest (because if she stayed at the hospital, they would just strap her to the bed). They gave her a shot for the pain. Jeremy and Chrissy tried to eat some breakfast but she was in a good amount of pain still. She tried to rest and around 12:30pm, her contractions were 4 minutes apart and when they checked her again she was 4cm dilated. By 5pm she was 6cm dilated. By 7pm you were 10cm and ready to start pushing. It took an hour and a half for Jace to arrive. I wasn't able to be in the room because Jeremy's mom wanted to be and there could only be 3 people. Mom, Lecia & Jeremy. I waited in the waiting room with Nana and Dad until we were able to go back which was almost 9:30 after Chrissy was stitched up etc. I barely got to see the little guy before we headed home a little after 10pm. It was a long and exciting day!! Jeremy said Chrissy was a trooper and I'm so thankful she had a successful & (mostly) pain free delivery!! Praise God.

Jace Corbett Baum
Born 8-10-12
at 8:28pm
Weighing 8lbs 8ounces
length: 21 inches







0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP