Will's First Birthday Party - The Details
Here are the details from Will's birthday. Thanks to my mom & dad for letting us have the party at their house & use their pool!! Thanks to Amy for letting me use her Cricut and thanks to my sister for painting the favors!!
Of course I had to make a collage of Will's 1 year photos for everyone to sign. I ordered it on foam board so it was sturdy and had guests sign with a thin Sharpie so it wouldn't smear. I made one of these for my sister's baby shower too but mistakenly ordered it with a Lustre finish because I thought it would look nice but it kept the Sharpie from working and everything smeared. :( I was bummed but learned the lesson for the future!
I ordered the digital file of food labels and favor tags from Pixels4Parties on Etsy. You can find them here. Its great because I paid for the file and I was able to print them myself.
Probably my favorite thing we made was these little cherry cheesecakes. I still need to get this recipe from mom's house. Maybe ill share it if I remember! I ordered the little cups from Etsy & you can bake right in them. There is a Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each as the crust topped with a cream cheese
Cupcakes in cones with frosting on top to look like ice cream :) We had to refrigerate these so the icing wouldn't fall. We used large piping to make the icing look thick like ice cream. mom helped me with this.
We had all the food from the book. I bought brats & chicken/spinach sausages as the main course from a local meat market called Patak (amazing food & prices!). I bought hot dogs for the kids.
Of course I had to have lots of photos :)
I got the cake idea from here but instead of paying a 'shop' to make the cupcakes, I just ordered them from Sam's. 30 cupcakes for less than $15.
I got this sign idea from Pinterest but I can't find the original link to share!
I got the favor tags (digital file) from ProvaGraphics on Etsy too. Here. Also printed these myself and we found these boxes at Michaels for $1 each. My sister personalized each and painted a caterpillar. Love these. She's so talented!














0 comments:
Post a Comment