Tuesday, December 13, 2011

4 months

I am behind in writing William's 4 month update. Poor baby! Mommy is just really busy these days!
Here are the things you loved to do at 4 months -

  • You love bath time and it really relaxes you. I've started sitting you up and I run the water in the tub. You love to reach out & touch the running water so I make sure its not too hot for your little hands! :)
  • You still love to laugh and smile. Mommy & Daddy love to get you ready for your bath at night because you are always do the most laughing & smiling on your changing table. We tickle you and daddy makes all sorts of funny noises & blows on your belly!
  • You are very ticklish! Especially if we act like we are going to eat your belly. That makes you laugh really hard. TOO cute! 
  • You have the sweetest little voice. I love to listen to you babble. I have no idea what you are trying to say but you have all sorts of different sounds these days. 
  • On November 16th, One day before you turned months --  you rolled over from your stomach to your back twice in one day but that was it until 20 weeks when you did it again & this time you definitely know what you are doing! 
  • You wear mostly 6 month outfits and 6-9 month pajamas. 
  • You really started playing with your feet at the end of October. You love to grab your feet but especially love them when you don't have socks on. 
  • On November 20th, I let you "cry out" your 2am feeding. It was REALLY hard for me to do but I was returning to work on Dec 1st and knew it was the right thing to do for us since Dr Fox said you don't really "need" that feeding and are likely doing it for comfort. You cried for 25 minutes. It was SO hard for me and I cried too. BUT - you skipped that feeding from then on. You now sleep from about 5:30-8:30am. You will sometimes sleep a little longer (even to 7am! once or twice) and every now & then you will wake up earlier (around 5)
  • You weighed 16 lbs (70%) and measured 25" (65%) at your 4mo check-up
  • You are able to stand with about 80% of your weight on your feet. 
  • Everything goes in your mouth! Its fun to watch you try to get things that are too big for your mouth actually IN your mouth. You also enjoy eating your hands and you try to put both hands in your mouth at the same time. 
  • As soon as I take off your socks, you put your feet in your mouth. You also try to do this in the bath tub and have ended up putting your foot in your mouth with soap on it! You made a funny face after that one. 
  • You are still not a big napper. You take 3-4 short naps a day, around 30 minutes. Sometimes 45 minutes. Your longest nap is usually around 2pm and can every now & then last over an hour! :) 
  • You are starting day care in two weeks! :( Mommy goes back to work on Dec 1st. 
Although I'm very late posting this blog post - these photos were taken on your actual 4 month bday, November 17th. 




















    0 comments:

    Labels

    Posts from the Past

    About This Blog

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP