Friday, May 20, 2011

Roomies

 When I studied in Spain in 2003 (& met Brad), we were paired up with spanish families. My roomie was Becky who attended Brad's school in PA (Muhlenberg College). Its always incredible to think about how I gained not only a husband and the soon-to-be father of our baby boy but ALSO so many wonderful friends! Becky is one of of the most amazing women I know. She is strong, sensitive, thoughtful, smart, hardworking and just down right - one of the best friends a girl could ask for! Even with our distance (she lives in Maryland), we try to make it a point to see each other at least once a year. We both started trying to have children right around the same time.A couple of years ago we briefly mentioned wanting to see each other pregnant and how exciting it would be. Well, we both had some trials and Becky's have turned out to be a lot more serious than mine. I will not go into all of her personal details on my blog but lets just say my feeling would not have been hurt if Becky decided she didn't really care to see me pregnant. But then, I have to remember what an incredible friend Becky is and she is always putting others before herself. I was so excited when I found out that Becky was planning to fly down from Maryland to spend a few days and attend my first baby shower! I couldn't have been more thrilled! She had thought about surprising me but knew that I would want to plan to be off work so she had to tell me :) 
I had such a great time with Becky while she was here. It was a busy weekend and although I probably bored her to death by not being able to bounce all over town, we still had fun together just catching up! She stayed with Brad and I on Friday, Saturday (after the shower we went out to eat at Gumbeaux), Sunday we went on a hike at Sweetwater Park with Brad & Chulo and on Monday we met Kirstin, Sam, Kelli & Nolan at the zoo before Becky had to fly out on Monday night. 
I miss her terribly already and I always look forward to our next visit!! love you, Becky and thank you for always being such an incredible inspiration to everyone around you!













1 comments:

Amy May 23, 2011 at 10:00 PM  

Oh! Fun times! Great pictures and I like your shirt. :)

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP