Monday, May 16, 2011

First Baby Shower

On April 28th, one of my best friends (& roommate from Spain), Becky flew in from Maryland. It was a Thursday afternoon so Kelli picked her up from the airport and when I got off work, I headed to Kelli's to meet Becky, Kelli & Kirstin for dinner. Of course Nolan (Kelli's son), Sam (Kirstin's son) & Matt (Kelli's husband) came to dinner too so it was tons of fun. Becky accidentally picked up someone elses  bag on the plane so after dinner Matt was sweet enough to go back to the airport and get Becky's bag while Kelli, Becky & I just hungout and played a little triple solitaire (so fun!!) 
On Friday morning we went for a walk and then Becky & I headed back towards my house. We stopped for lunch at a little Greek place I like and then ran some errands. We had pizzas from the tuscan oven at mom & dad's for dinner! YUMMY!!! Josa joined us after work and Brad was there too :) 
The next afternoon, at 2pm on April 30th, Kelli, Kirstin, Josa, Lauren & Becky threw our very first baby shower at our house. It was wonderful! The girls really outdid themselves (as you can see in the pics). There were about 25 or so people there (I need to add a list to this post later)
I had such a great time seeing so many family friends and looking at all of the cute things for baby William! Thank you so much to the hostesses and to the people who were able to attend the shower (even those of you who attended in spirit!) :)

Kelli's mom is a florist and made this incredible arrangement
 Lauren did this oh so cute diaper cake, the candy table & the paper flowers hanging from the ceiling.
 Josa, Kelli, Kirstin & Lauren split of the food and I think my favorites were the chicken salad, pasta salad & pimiento cheese!!! ( I honestly should share this recipe at some point - its incredible!)
 Lauren's mom & dad flew through Atlanta on their way to the Caribbean. Lauren's dad and mom were a huge help to Lauren since Rian had a cooking event with big celebs like Giada De Laurentis (from the food network!). I was so jealous of this. Lauren's dad watched Savannah while Lauren & her mom attended the shower.
 My mom & Sarah Belle

 Sophie Kate - daughter of my childhood friend, Kelly Quabeck Loner
 Kelli & Becky - love these girls!
 My mom and her longtime friend, Beverly. I LOVE this photo of them laughing together.
 My mom's longtime friend Maryanne Propper and her daughter Virginia.
 More old family friend, Kathy Quabeck, Kelly & Joanne Davis

 My oldest & dearest, Erika. love her!
 Such a cute pic of Toni & my mom. Not sure what I'd do without these women in my life.
 Jami couldn't attend the May 14th shower with my other college friends so she was sweet enough to come to this one. Here she is with the string around my belly. Toni & Jami tied for first place in this game!

 I cried several times throughout the shower. I wish I could blame it on the pregnancy hormones. Kelli brought a piggy bank and everyone had to put in their "2 cents" for me - whether it was well wishes or advice. It made me emotional. I'm just soooo happy!
 This card says that Erika is going to paint me a portrait of baby William after we have some photos made. She is a wonderful artist!
 Toni found this onesie that says "My Little Camera Man". How perfect??
 Janelle (my coworker/friend pregnant with twin boys) made this little doggie. Too cute.
 I love this pic of Kelli. She is so pretty.
 I made Brad come up to open the gift from his mom. Some of our favorite outfits and a very soft blanket!
 we liked this one too, from my Aunt Gerrie (my dad's aunt - my great aunt) who lives outside of Boston. I think this is perfect for a little boy.
 Jami & I
 My "Aunt" Ginny. She's not really my aunt but I've called her that my entire life. Her husband, my "Uncle" Joe was best friends with my dad but died of a heart attack when I was like 13 or so. It was really rough for all of us but especially my dad. Ginny has remained very close to our family. We love her dearly.

 Looks like the baby store threw up in our living room. :)
 my sis.
 janelle & I. She is technically due the week after me (July 27) but is pregnant with twin boys and plans to be induced July 5th (if she hasn't gone into labor by then).

 The hostesses with the mostesses. 
Becky, Kirstin, me, Kelli, Lauren & Josa


 With our sweet niece, Sarah, who turns 4 at the end of May! I can't believe it.

0 comments:

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP