Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My oldest & dearest

Erika  ~ who I refer to as my oldest and dearest friend turned the big 3-0 at the end of April and to celebrate her roommate, boyfriend and mom threw her a "surprise" birthday party on May 1st. The surprise is in quotes because it didn't turn out to be a surprise party. One of Erika's relatives that couldn't make it called Erika earlier that week to say she was 'sorry she couldn't make it on Saturday. Erika also saw a Facebook message from my friend Sarah that showed up on Matt's (Erika's boyfriend) page. The invitation to the party was "private" on Facebook but Erika kind of put 2 & 2 together when Sarah's message was on Matt's page -- since they do not know each other. (I'd like to add that there is nothing Sarah could have done to prevent this. All she did was respond to the invite. Its Facebook's crazy "notifications" that clued Erika in, NOT Sarah's message on the invite). The one thing that DID surprise Erika was her mom's idea to have a Mariachi band. It was awesome!

Although we didn't get to see Erika for too long (since we got there early and left early) it was so much fun to celebrate this special day with her, her friends & family. I cannot believe that we have been friends for 23 years! I love this girl so much. We have been through so much together growing up and I would do anything for her. It makes me so happy to see her happy with Matt. He is such a great guy and I know they will be great together forever.  It makes me feel so old to have E turn 30 because I'm right behind her in just a few short months. MANY mixed feelings about that but I guess that's a topic for another post.






























3 comments:

Sarah May 25, 2010 at 10:28 PM  

I hope maybe you have another friend named Sarah that ruined the surprise!!! Love the pictures...as always!

Amy May 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

The pictures are great! Love your orange dress!!! Poor Sarah--thrown under the bus!!!

Sarah May 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

Seriously! I had no idea until I read this!! Haha

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP