Monday, September 21, 2009

No Name

That is what they are calling the storm that hit metro Atlanta over the last 24 hours.

Brad and I came home from Courtney's wedding in Dahlonega at 8am on Sunday. When we drove down Sleepy Hollow, the water was already coming over the road. That was at 8AM and it rained for the next 24 hours! The news tells us that we were in the hardest hit area. We got over 16" of rain last night alone! This does not include the already saturated land we have had over the past week.

When Brad and I woke up this morning. We went down to the basement and watched as a RIVER ran from the back of the tree farm through our yard and PAST our house. I tried to take photos of this but it was too dark and rainy so the camera would not focus.

It has been really serious and the weather radar is telling us that there is still more rain to come!

I did not venture out and take these photos but our family friend Bubba is always coming to the rescue and these photos show why he could not find me a route to work!
This is the road you take to get to Bubba's house from our house. We only live a couple of miles away but there is no way we could get there!




I took these photos MUCH later in the afternoon after the majority of the water subsided on Sleepy Hollow. I hear one of our neighbors has a photo of the flooding on Sleepy Hollow from early in the morning.

This is one of our neighbors' driveway.

This is Sleepy Hollow at 3pm. We still couldn't get through at this point but the water level in the morning was 2' higher than this and I hope to get my hands on the other photo.

This is the erosion in our backyard from the RIVER flowing from the Christmas Tree Farm trail and past our house. I still wish I had a photo of that but it was too dark and I'm not sure why my camera wouldn't take the shot!!

3 comments:

Sarah September 22, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Too crazy! And for Paulding and Douglas to be hit the hardest and you are RIGHT in the middle of those two!! :)

Not raining here anymore and I have the day off! Love you!

Amy September 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

those are amazing! (in a bad way)

Thanks for sharing! Glad you are ok!!!

Summer September 23, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

Yikes! Glad yall didn't get any house damage!!!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP