Incredible


** Special Thank you to my co-worked & dear friend Janelle who made this adorable stuffed dog for Paxton (& she's only met Amy once). Such a thoughtful gift and Amy absolutely loved it!! **
Incredible...I think that is the only word I can think of right now to describe this weekend. So many emotions were felt and this was definitely a weekend I will never forget, especially Friday.
I took off work Friday because one of my bestfriends, Amy, had her first baby. Paxton Bradley was born at 7:49 am on friday morning. He weighs 8 lbs 3 ounces & is 20 inches long.
Summer came over thursday night to spend the night with us. Neither one of us slept very well because we were so anxious for friday & excited for the day! We left my house at 6:30, before Brad left for work. We arrived at the hospital a few minutes before 7am and joined Amy's parents and brother & Brad's parents in the waiting room. We went upstairs where they were prepping Amy for her C-Section. Brad came out to see us in his hospital garb and Summer went into see Amy in just enough time to snap a picture. We went back to the waiting room and about an hour later Brad called his dad to give him the news. Paxton is here & mom and Baby were doing fine!! Great news! We all got on our phones to make the calls! About an hour after that we all went up to meet Paxton! He is just PERFECT!
It was just an incredible day...again, no other word describes it perfectly. Not only did we finally get to meet sweet Paxton but I was able so spend the day with Summer, Steph, The Dobbs & Herendeens! I was just so honored to be there and share that time. I loved hanging out with Summer & Steph and we really make a great team!!
We hungout til lunch time. Me, Summer, Stephanie, Amy's Parents and her brother Adam went to eat at Five Guys Burgers. Yummy! After that we went back to the hospital! Summer & I were there until 8:00, right after Jenny, Jami & Lauryn came to see Paxton. We left around 8, I dropped my cell phone in the parking lot, freaked out when I couldn't find it, the girls were headed to Chilis, I went back to the parking lot & found my phone in the parking spot (another car had parked RIGHT next to it)...I was just sooo tired & hungry and I didn't want any other emotions. I picked up my phone and thanked God! I joined the girls for dinner & went home and crashed!! I slept really hard! Brad was really excited to see Paxton so we went back to the hospital on saturday around 11am. My Brad was so cute the whole day! He would randomly say really sweet things about Paxton, Amy, Brad and our future children. We had a great day!
Today I helped my parents on the farm & my mom taught me her famous spaghetti sauce recipe!! I actually killed two birds with one stone because I was able to spend some time with mom while making a delicious dinner for Amy & Brad to enjoy tomorrow night when they get home from the hospital. The sauce took a few hours to make so around 4 Brad & I drove over to their house to put it in the fridge! We made two pots of sauce with meatballs & sausage. My parents, Brad & I enjoyed the 2nd pot tonight for dinner! So delicious!
I am exhausted from this weekend but filled with joy and anticipation. I cannot believe that Paxton is here & Brad and Amy are parents! I am so blessed to have had the opportunity of sharing in their special weekend. It was truly an unforgettable day that I will never forget. I can't wait to watch this sweet baby grow into an incredible man. ....not that I want him to grow up anytime soon!! :)
I will post some more photos this week. I plan on going to see the new family one night after work. They come home from the hospital tomorrow!
There are soooo many more photos than I am uploading on the slideshow & in this post but Summer shared so many from friday that I thought I would upload more from later in the day friday & saturday.
Please link over to Summer's Blog for some more great photos and videos!
2 comments:
Such great photos, Suzie! You are so talented! I know Amy is so thankful to have you capture EVERY MOMENT! You will have to train us for when you have a baby! It really was an incredible weekend--he is so perfect! I'm in love :)
What a great post, Suzie!!! I SOOO appreciate all the pictures, and the fact that you spent the day at the hospital Friday and Saturday!! Yes, I hope and pray Paxton grows into an incredible young man, but no time soon. I am enjoying him sleeping on my chest way too much!!! Dinner was absolutely FABOLOUS!!!!!!! Mom, Dad, Brad, and I all enjoyed it! Paxton will get his later;-) Thanks again for everything!
I love you!
Post a Comment