Saturday, March 22, 2008

You're Gonna Miss This







Last night the girls & I went out to Surin in the Highlands to have a Girls Night since Amy only has about 4 more weeks until she has Paxton....I can't believe it!! It was a great night and always so good to have everyone together (we missed you Court!!). With 9 of the 10 there, it was a pretty good turn out, as I like to call it. What made last night a little different than other girls nights were the circumstances, I guess. Over the past few years we have all gone through several changes whether it was getting married, buying homes, meeting new friends, growing in our current relationships and just plain GROWING UP! Now, one of us is pregnant and others wanting to have children!!!Its crazy to think that I have been out of college for 4 years next month! (some of the girls have been out for 5 years!).

SIDENOTE --Since there are only 3 people that read this blog, I'm not going to be telling you things that you don't know but the idea of this blog is to get your thoughts & feelings out there, right?
So, as you know, Summer & Josh have had a difficult time getting pregnant. I can't even imagine how they must feel and last night, when I saw Summer, all I wanted to do was hug her and cry until I couldn't cry anymore!! Of course, I couldn't do such a thing! I just don't know what to say to her. Its hard to be strong for one of your best friends when the pain she is feeling is in your heart too (though I'm sure its not EVEN comparable!). All of this to say, Summer, I love you & Josh so much and I know I have said that a thousand times over the last few weeks but its the only thing I can think of to say that just feels right. I pray everyday that God makes this happen for you & Josh!! I want to thank you for sharing on your blog and letting me be so involved in this private family matter. I know it must be unimaginably hard!

Ok - back to last night. Because I guess I was just emotional and amazed at how well Summer carries herself during this difficult time. When I first saw her last night I asked her how she was and she said "wonderful". To me, that just shows what a selfless person she is. She will not try to"burden" you with what she is going through and she is just such a strong, beautiful, faithful woman! Im very proud to call her my bestfriend!

Last night was just one of "those nights" for me, an emotional one. Not just sad emotions - happy ones too! As we all sat around a table and reminisced, I thought of how lucky I was to have so many memories with such an amazing group of friends! We have been through a lot and as Paxton comes into this world on April 18th, if not sooner, his birth will begin a brand new chapter for not just Amy & Brad but the 9 of us girls too!

After Surin, the girls & I went to Neighbors, a bar down the street from Surin. We sat on the patio and it was such a beautiful night! We talked some more and I really enjoyed catching up with Stegall & Jenny. We don't really talk that much and it was nice to have that time.
As Amy & I walked to our car around 11:30, she said exactly what I was thinking... "It was so nice to reminisce; we haven't done that in awhile!” It was true. It was nice & as I drove home this Trace Adkins song came on. It made me think that a few years from now, we will be reminiscing about our last Girls Night before Paxton is here and I cried....pretty much all the way home.
I’m crying now. (shock, huh?) They are not necessarily sad tears. They are happy ones too...because I know that we are all going to be OK. WE are strong, loving, successful, caring, thoughtful women. WE have difficult times, but through it ALL, we have 9 sisters to turn to. Who could ask for anything more?


Here are the lyrics to the song I heard. Its so true. We ARE going to miss these times!
The last 8 years have gone by so fast!



She was staring out the window of their SUV
Complaining, saying "I can't wait to turn 18"
She said "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules"
Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school
Then she kissed her head and said "I was just like you"

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Before she knows it she's a brand new bride
In a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by
He tells her "It's a nice place"
She says "It'll do for now"
Starts talking about babies and buying a house
Daddy shakes his head and saysAnd s "Baby, just slow down"

Cause you're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'
And she keeps apologizin'
He says "They don't bother me.
I've got 2 babies of my own.
One's 36, one's 23.
Huh, it's hard to believe, but...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this"

9 comments:

Summer March 24, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

What a sweet post! Thank you so much and now I am crying. I don't think I have heard that song. And no, I really don't think I am that strong. If you had seen me on Thursday you definitely wouldn't have thought that. Just know that I couldn't make it without you girls love, support and prayers. Thanks so much!! Love you too.

The Kimmels March 24, 2008 at 7:23 PM  

Even the stongest have their moments of weakness!..& I KNOW you are strong! Don't argue with me. :) I didn't mean to make you cry but im glad you liked the post! love you!!

Amy March 25, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

Suz-you should have warned me before I read that sweet, touching post!!!! Now I'm crying, too!! I really like how you put it all. We do have an amazing group of girls that are always there! I appreciate the friendships that we have developed so much! By the way, just because Paxton will be here, doesn't mean there won't still be girls' nights!:-) That's what Brad and grandparents are for, right? Love you!

The Kimmels March 25, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

whoops! well, glad you liked it. Ill put a warning label on the next one that might make you cry. ;)
Plus, I cry everytime I read it & I wrote it!!! haha

stephanie March 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

ok, i'm not even one of the girls and i'm crying...what a sap i am. that was a really special post suzie and i know it meant alot to aim. ya'll are so blessed to have each other! thanks for sharing!

Jami March 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

That was so sweet Suzie! Look how many people you have reading your blog now :) Looking forward to dinner tomorrow night! Love you!

Sarah March 27, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

You people need to pull yourselves together! Haha! I love you-even if you are a bunch of saps :)

sara jackson March 27, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

I am just checking your blog and what a sweet and true thing about my sister. She is a wonderfully strong person!! You girls are so special to her and us too. Glad you all find the time to be together and enjoy each other's company. Thanks for sharing your blog.

MJN6 March 27, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

Suzie, what a beautiful blog. You girls are so very blessed to have each other. I am thankful Summer has you and all the girls as her friends. Thank you for sharing. Love, Mrs. Norman

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP