Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Amy's Baby Shower

So -- I don't know about you guys but I am EXHAUSTED!
This weekend was a lot of fun and definitely worth all the hard work!
On friday night after work I started cleaning the house and preparing to have everyone at our house for Amy's baby shower on Sunday. I had the flu (or something equally dreadful) last week so I went to bed around 11 in order to catch up on some much needed sleep. I woke up early saturdy am and continued the cleaning/preparing for sunday. Saturday afternoon we had a tree specialist come out to the property to tell us which trees need to be taken down so they don't hit the house (or the new fence we are putting in!!!) There are 4 trees that need to come down over the next week.
Summer came over saturday afternoon, we ran some errands, had a quick dinner, ran some more errands and went back to the house to start decorating & preparing some of the food for Sunday. Summer & I make a great team and it was just so awesome to be able to spend time with her 1 0n 1. I'd forgotten how much I miss my Summity! Although we had one common goal, it was great to catch up and just have some quality time!
I think Sunday was a huge success. All 10 of "the girls" -- AKA Berry B's -- were able to make it plus, my mom, summer's mom & sister Sara (WHOM BY THE WAY WERE A HUGE HELP & I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!), Amy's mom, Brad's mom, Sarah (Norton's) mom, Mckenzie, Stephanie & Brandi. A great turn out and I think Amy (& Paxton) had a great time! Amy got tons of cute stuff (of course). I made her a polk-a-dot scrapbook cover that I sewed myself & had it monogrammed with Paxton's name. I can't believe I didn't take a photo of her opening it! I think it turned out ok for my first time making anything like that! Since Amy & I have a history of scrapbooking together, I thought it was the perfect fit. Summer got her all sorts of monogrammed stuff, as always, and Sarah made a fleece blanket for Paxton in the nursery colors -- brown & blue! Plus, she got all sorts of clothes & necessities for the nursery!
I cannot believe Paxton will be here in 2 months! Its crazy to think that we will have a baby in the group. How exciting!! He is going to he one loved little kid. I hope you guys enjoy the photos. Can you even tell Amy is pregnant? I hope I look as great as she does when im pregnant!


1 comments:

Amy February 17, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

What a sweet post!! Thank you again, for a WONDERFUL shower!! I appreciate all you did and your friendship!!! Love you!

Labels

Posts from the Past

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP